FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home Leeds Rhinos Round 13 | Hull FC (A)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Round 13 | Hull FC (A)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:07 pm 
Club Captain
Club Captain

christopher wrote:I don’t think Jarrod will be leaving.

I hope he stays, his attitude is great but my concern is long-term where does he play?

Do you see him as our hooker longer term or back row?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:10 pm 
Club Captain
Club Captain

Here’s another left field one: Miller at 7 to replace Frawley and Edgell to FB.

I’m looking for margins here but I’m not blown away by Miller’s D at times. He is strongest as a running threat and he has a good pass on him in the line. My thought process is to get him in the line all the time and allow Edgell to develop more in his natural position. I suspect Alfie might have better long-distance pace than Miller too, although not sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:28 pm 
First Team Player
First Team Player

I know it won't be a popular view, but I'd rather we spend the rest of this year giving a proper go to some of the younger players. Get Edgell some full games at full back, give Sinfield an extended run at 7, and especially the younger forwards - Ruan, TNW and maybe Littlewood.

We wasted the back end of last year in the pretence that we were going to get into the play offs until the wheels fell off right at the end. I don't think we've got the squad to make a challenge, and even if we get in the play offs we'll do zilch. There's no point in having these kids not gain experience, as we'd then start again with them next season not having played enough to be trusted.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:34 am 
International Star
First Team Player

Once were Loiners wrote:I know it won't be a popular view, but I'd rather we spend the rest of this year giving a proper go to some of the younger players. Get Edgell some full games at full back, give Sinfield an extended run at 7, and especially the younger forwards - Ruan, TNW and maybe Littlewood.
There's no point in having these kids not gain experience, as we'd then start again with them next season not having played enough to be trusted.

You are right early on in your post when you refer to these lads as “younger players”. They are not kids, and like you say they need to be playing if there’s a chance they will figure long term with the club. Ruan is already 21 and both Edgell and Sinfield will be 20 years old by play off time. We can either waste time and money by clogging the squad up with players that are taking a wage with little chance of playing, or let them have an extended run and see if they are worth the squad number. There’s never been a better time.

"Leeds is the greatest club in Rugby League"
Alex Murphy 2011

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:19 am 
International Star
Junior Player

Jake the Peg wrote:Worse than cas?

At least Cas gave Wigan a game and a challenge.
Hull looked like they would never win again this season up to last Saturday and Leeds abject pathetic attitude gave them confidence that they built on to finish the game looking like giants against minnows

It’s funny that people go on about Oledski but if you offered Grix Oledski for any of his forwards he would laugh in your face

Oledski was probably our best forward but he would struggle to get into most other SL 1st 13

The only player in Leeds kit who looked like he had talent was Croft who is mired by a pathetic pack led by clueless Smith.

Rohan Smith would struggle to motivate the local girls under 9s team.

Yet another stunning appointment of Gawwy “Total incompetent” Hetherington. But let the trolls on here come to his defence with Oh Gawwy saved our club. That’s in the past now trolls

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:00 am 
International Board Member
International Star

I don`t get it with Sinfield.
Played this year and did reasonably well.
Frawley who was dropped for Sinfield then comes back into the team at Sinfields expense only to have a couple of bad games.
Just let Sinfield play instead of Frawley.
Smith at LF who I thought was our best player last year is doing nothing at LF.
Let TNW or O`Connor play at LF.
I personally would play Smith at prop.
Same goes for Goudemand who isn`t exactly setting the world alight so give Ruan a chance.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:28 am 
Club Captain
Club Captain

Once were Loiners wrote:I know it won't be a popular view, but I'd rather we spend the rest of this year giving a proper go to some of the younger players. Get Edgell some full games at full back, give Sinfield an extended run at 7, and especially the younger forwards - Ruan, TNW and maybe Littlewood.

We wasted the back end of last year in the pretence that we were going to get into the play offs until the wheels fell off right at the end. I don't think we've got the squad to make a challenge, and even if we get in the play offs we'll do zilch. There's no point in having these kids not gain experience, as we'd then start again with them next season not having played enough to be trusted.

On one hand we should always be trying to take silverware all the time; however in real world we look well under par this year. Things can change, but if we aren't tracking much better after the next block of games, I would absolutely start preparing the ground for 2025. We have some younger players who need some exposure at first grade, in order to set expectations before the next pre-season I think.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:30 am 
Club Captain
Club Captain

chapylad wrote:I don`t get it with Sinfield.
Played this year and did reasonably well.
Frawley who was dropped for Sinfield then comes back into the team at Sinfields expense only to have a couple of bad games.
Just let Sinfield play instead of Frawley.
Smith at LF who I thought was our best player last year is doing nothing at LF.
Let TNW or O`Connor play at LF.
I personally would play Smith at prop.
Same goes for Goudemand who isn`t exactly setting the world alight so give Ruan a chance.

The reason Sinfield isn't in the side already is his D. Again, it's OK saying "give him a chance", but if you were coach with our crowd baying for your blood, are you going to take risks like that? Any opposition will target Jack.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:59 am 
International Board Member
Player Coach

KaeruJim wrote:Here’s another left field one: Miller at 7 to replace Frawley and Edgell to FB.

I’m looking for margins here but I’m not blown away by Miller’s D at times. He is strongest as a running threat and he has a good pass on him in the line. My thought process is to get him in the line all the time and allow Edgell to develop more in his natural position. I suspect Alfie might have better long-distance pace than Miller too, although not sure.
We lacked structure as it is without throwing Miller in the halfs so its a no from me.Plus i'm far from convinced Edgel is ready for SL.

I'm not a pheasant plucker, i'm a pheasant pluckers son and i'm only plucking pheasants till the pheasant plucker comes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:18 am 
Club Captain
Club Captain

fanstanningley wrote:We lacked structure as it is without throwing Miller in the halfs so its a no from me.Plus i'm far from convinced Edgel is ready for SL.

I'm not sure that the "one runner, one organiser" approach in the halves is actually valid to be honest, but I get your point.

I still wave between thinking we're mostly OK and just need some additional key players; and thinking most of this Leeds side actually just isn't as good as we want to believe...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:08 am