FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home Warrington Wolves Anyone going to watch the RU World Cup?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anyone going to watch the RU World Cup?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:03 am 
International Star
First Team Player

Boris Johnson having a go at Corbyn for not going. Forgive me if I'm wrong Boris but I don't remember seeing you at the Rugby League World Cup?

ONE LOVE
God bless the flag that I live under the colours of primrose and blue.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:53 am 
Player Coach
International Star

Fantastic Mr Catpiss wrote:Get yourself a copy of this for your next train ride. An interesting read.http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Forbidden-G ... 1901347052

It's a superb book. I was lucky enough to read it in the south of France so it made all the place names that more real. We have actually stayed in the village of ille sur tet where the great Jean Galia was born. The local sports stadium is named after him which is great.

The subject of the book however is a loving disgrace. ..the way the snakes siding with the Nazis simply banned our sport and stole its money and assets just as it was about to become more popular than union. ..
and while no other country has gone as far a France, they have all thought along the same lines at some time or other....

Its why rather than bitching about a poop sport that I wouldn't give the time of day to I'm going to make every effort to get to an England kiwi game this autumn ....and we should all try it....

Let's Stop giving air time to this pile of loving hopeless boring nonsense and get behind our own sport..
Fantastic Mr Catpiss wrote:Get yourself a copy of this for your next train ride. An interesting read.http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Forbidden-G ... 1901347052

It's a superb book. I was lucky enough to read it in the south of France so it made all the place names that more real. We have actually stayed in the village of ille sur tet where the great Jean Galia was born. The local sports stadium is named after him which is great.

The subject of the book however is a loving disgrace. ..the way the snakes siding with the Nazis simply banned our sport and stole its money and assets just as it was about to become more popular than union. ..
and while no other country has gone as far a France, they have all thought along the same lines at some time or other....

Its why rather than bitching about a poop sport that I wouldn't give the time of day to I'm going to make every effort to get to an England kiwi game this autumn ....and we should all try it....

Let's Stop giving air time to this pile of loving hopeless boring nonsense and get behind our own sport..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:51 pm 
International Star
International Star

Well, we're into day 4, and I've yet to see a ball kicked into the crowd, or a 6'8" bloke being lifted up to catch a ball.

See, it can be done

Neither glass half full or empty. Just a realist.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:37 pm 
International Star
Junior Player

Neither have i, I've not seen any of those things because i usually fall asleep

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:09 pm 
Player Coach
Fringe Player

Well I saw a big bloke being lifted in the line out at least 3 times in the Welsh game, and I only watched it for 10 minutes at the most.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:12 pm 
Player Coach
First Team Player

I noticed that the Japanese were well and truly stitched up. Four days between games at this level is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:07 pm 
Player Coach
First Team Player

No Union fan myself, but they're obviously doing something right. Attendances for this tournament are incredible.

Challenge Cup Winners 2009, 2010, 2012

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:57 pm 
Player Coach
First Team Player

So, that was all over rather quickly. Hey-ho.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:39 pm 
International Star
International Star

Day 16, and bar a few seconds on news updates, not seen any of it.

Let the sheep be influenced by what the media tell them.
I'm no more interested in this World Cup, than I am by the World Cups of Speedway, Squash, Table Tennis, Show Jumping, Poker, Ten Pin Bowling, Pool, etc.....

....I don't see why I have to be brow-beaten into liking a sport I have ZERO interest in.

The media control this country of sheep. It's about time people started growing a mindset of their own.

Neither glass half full or empty. Just a realist.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:01 pm 
Player Coach
First Team Player

Agreed, a lot of institutions will be severely out of pocket with England's early exit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next

It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:50 pm