FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home London Broncos Sintillins

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sintillins
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:24 pm 
International Board Member
International Star

I like Cake but his good effort story has got pretty stale. If Hughes really was interested in building the club or having a decent case against the IMG gradings he needed to bring some better quality players in.

Gus Mackay we salute you!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:23 am 
First Team Player
First Team Player

Torbreck wrote:I can't wait until next season when we can compete with a similar opponent in the Championship.

That’s on the assumption we make half an effort on the recruitment/retention front. If the last few years are anything to go by we can look forward to potentially sliding into the playoffs - if they are even a thing anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:25 am 
First Team Player
First Team Player

jbuzza wrote:I like Cake but his good effort story has got pretty stale. If Hughes really was interested in building the club or having a decent case against the IMG gradings he needed to bring some better quality players in.

Yes he seems very admirable and what else can he do really but we have undoubtedly made IMGs case for them on the lack of merits of the play off promotion process.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:39 pm 
First Team Player
Fringe Player

I was pleased to see Emannual Waine back on the pitch, he certainly gets stuck in..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:09 pm 
Club Captain
Junior Player

A surprisingly good turnout , I thought. Not the easiest place to for us get to and some train issues on the return leg highlighted that for me. I doubt I'd go back if used for another one off game. My wife was fed up with the team playing in the quartered away kit, anyone know why? Fair play to Saints fans for applauding our lads when we scored.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:40 pm 
First Team Player
First Team Player

Hockley Bronco wrote:A surprisingly good turnout , I thought.

Beggars the question (if anyone can be bothred to ask him) why we left back in 2014.......because there's a decade that none of us are ever going to get back......The only bright spots I can recall is Danny Wards side almost staying up and 2 fluke play-off wins, the 2nd resulting in this pointless season where will break a few unwanted SL records.
I'd hazzard a guess that a return to West London was the reason a load of lapsed fans were at the stoop.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:26 pm 
Club Captain
Fringe Player

orangeman wrote:Beggars the question (if anyone can be bothred to ask him) why we left back in 2014.......because there's a decade that none of us are ever going to get back......The only bright spots I can recall is Danny Wards side almost staying up and 2 fluke play-off wins, the 2nd resulting in this pointless season where will break a few unwanted SL records.
I'd hazzard a guess that a return to West London was the reason a load of lapsed fans were at the stoop.

You think just being back at the Stoop was that big a draw?
Maybe a pilgrimage for the lapsed fan?

Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number--
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you--
Ye are many -- they are few.'

Percy Bysshe Shelley - 'The Mask of Anarchy'

' ITS OVER' - Roy Orbison

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:33 am 
First Team Player
First Team Player

RfE wrote:You think just being back at the Stoop was that big a draw?
Maybe a pilgrimage for the lapsed fan?

Brentford, Twickenham and eventually Trailfinders all "seemed" like home. From what ive heard, Wimbledon has the feel of "the hive" about it....a little too far away from our west london home area...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:15 am 
International Board Member
International Star

orangeman wrote:Brentford, Twickenham and eventually Trailfinders all "seemed" like home. From what ive heard, Wimbledon has the feel of "the hive" about it....a little too far away from our west london home area...

Wimbledon is fine as a ground. I would say much better than the Hive both in terms of facilities and transport.The main issue is it can't be used for a big chunk of the season.

Gus Mackay we salute you!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:32 am 
International Star
First Team Player

jbuzza wrote:Wimbledon is fine as a ground. I would say much better than the Hive both in terms of facilities and transport.The main issue is it can't be used for a big chunk of the season.

Deffo better than the Hive but the inordinate length of time the ground is not available to us negates in my view playing there.

I'd still try to do a deal with Quins while they might be interested.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:23 am