FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home Leeds Rhinos Smith out ASAP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 847 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 85  Next
 Post subject: Re: Smith out ASAP
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:58 pm 
Fringe Player
Fringe Player

There were some weird scenes on Saturday and it looked to me like quite a few were tanked up but people have a right to call for Smith to be sacked.

In terms of embarrassing behaviour I think at least one of our players deliberately dialled it in on Saturday . I reckon 2 did but 1 of them was less obvious.

I won’t name them but when Smith goes , they both need a Scarborough warning from the new coach.

On that front I’d have Wane as first choice as new coach , he may not want it but most of this team need a strong coach who tells them what he wants and takes no poop

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:12 pm 
Club Captain
Club Captain

I’m not a fan of unfettered “rights” but that’s a conversation we’ve seen before.

I wouldn’t mind Wane too much to be honest, but I’d prefer Arthur if RS goes. Arthur seemed very popular and we’re going to need some personal collateral to get some key NRL signings over the line IMO. We also have a young squad and I think an older mentor figure will work better than a younger coach.

RS looks to have taken on the Leeds job a little too soon in his development to me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:21 pm 
International Board Member
Player Coach

KaeruJim wrote:I’m not a fan of unfettered “rights” but that’s a conversation we’ve seen before.

I wouldn’t mind Wane too much to be honest, but I’d prefer Arthur if RS goes. Arthur seemed very popular and we’re going to need some personal collateral to get some key NRL signings over the line IMO. We also have a young squad and I think an older mentor figure will work better than a younger coach.

RS looks to have taken on the Leeds job a little too soon in his development to me.

Id much prefer Brad Arthur over Wane. I think he'd be a better fit for us.

I reckon Smith will actually go on to do well somewhere in the future, which is why I don’t like the whole ‘fraud’ thing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:45 pm 
Fringe Player
Fringe Player

KaeruJim wrote:I’m not a fan of unfettered “rights” but that’s a conversation we’ve seen before.

Not sure I know what “unfettered” rights are but calling for a coach to be sacked is just freedom of speech to me, especially when IMO he should have been removed with GH last year.

Anyway, I agree we need an older experienced coach who is a good man manager. My lad wants it to be Brad Arthur as well.
Personally, I don’t, I think he is a good coach but I think we need a coach players fear and respect more than he brings. But that is just my view from a long distance

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:51 pm 
Club Captain
Club Captain

christopher wrote:Id much prefer Brad Arthur over Wane. I think he'd be a better fit for us.

I reckon Smith will actually go on to do well somewhere in the future, which is why I don’t like the whole ‘fraud’ thing

Arthur has to be in the Leeds thought process you would think yes.

I don’t take any pleasure out of saying that RS looks boxed into a corner. I expected us to win against Hull quite well with the side we had… too many now out of form or not up to standard.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:55 pm 
Club Captain
Club Captain

Sir Gregory ParsloeP wrote:Not sure I know what “unfettered” rights are but calling for a coach to be sacked is just freedom of speech to me, especially when IMO he should have been removed with GH last year.

Anyway, I agree we need an older experienced coach who is a good man manager. My lad wants it to be Brad Arthur as well.
Personally, I don’t, I think he is a good coach but I think we need a coach players fear and respect more than he brings. But that is just my view from a long distance

Doesn’t RS have a right to do a tough job without mobs baying for his head? Or other fans have rights to attend games without a beered up gang acting and chanting aggressively? I take my 5 year old, what about his rights to feel safe?

One person’s rights often infringe on another’s (e.g. right to protest) - how about we consider the impact of our actions on other people? Maybe have manners?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:28 pm 
Fringe Player
Fringe Player

KaeruJim wrote:Doesn’t RS have a right to do a tough job without mobs baying for his head? Or other fans have rights to attend games without a beered up gang acting and chanting aggressively? I take my 5 year old, what about his rights to feel safe?

One person’s rights often infringe on another’s (e.g. right to protest) - how about we consider the impact of our actions on other people? Maybe have manners?

I disagree completely with the beered up mob having a go at each other but it’s a game of rugby league . Paying fans have a right to call for a coach to go , I think if people want to shout we want Rohan out that’s fair enough.

I also completely disagree with personal abuse on social media.

On Smith I agree with what Arthur saidI’m sure he has done his best and done it his way but like a boxer on the ropes he needs saving from further punishment.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:47 pm 
Fringe Player
Fringe Player

KaeruJim wrote:
I don’t take any pleasure out of saying that RS looks boxed into a corner. I expected us to win against Hull quite well with the side we had… too many now out of form or not up to standard.

Agree

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:47 am 
Player Coach
Club Captain

I'd be amazed if Brad Arthur left Aus. He'll just bide his time for a top job in Aus. Think Leeds would/should be looking at top assistants, someone like Josh Hannay or Dean Young

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:06 am 
International Star
Fringe Player

I don't get the love for Brad Arthur. If people are complaining that appointing RS an unproven coach was a mistake then tell me about Brad Arthurs record, what has he won to make him so desirable. Other than caoching an NRL team for ten years without any silverware what makes him so wanted?

Lifelong supporter, marching on together

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 847 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 85  Next

It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:49 am