FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home Warrington Wolves This week’s disciplinary

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116  Next
 Post subject: Re: This week’s disciplinary
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:46 pm 
Player Coach
First Team Player

Keighran is bang average, albeit a great kicker and they have much better props than dupree. Wigan fans wont be too bothered by this.

'I've done things i'm not proud of. And the things i am proud of,.......well they're disgusting'

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:57 pm 
International Star
Club Captain

If any side can cope with losing 2 from their top 17 it is Wigan. Both deserved to be banned.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:04 pm 
International Star
International Star

Guess it will even it up slightly with us missing Hayes and Philbin.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:10 pm 
Player Coach
Player Coach

The Speculator wrote:Keighran is bang to rights. It was a bad one and I have no idea what he was thinking. The Dupree one, I'm not so sure about, if I'm being honest. Didn't seem to warrant a Grade D from the clip I have seen, but I know others feel differently (especially the MRP, it would seem). While it's natural for us fans to at first think 'great, Wigan have lost two players for the final', they will both be replaced by other players of a similar standard, and I wouldn't expect it to affect the match too much, really.

I think Dupree knew what he was doing and was snide about it. Keighran's case was a slam dunk. Both stupid and pointless.

As for the ban length, both still less than Vaughan lifting a player time wasting by feigning injury.

I agree, it won't affect the result I don't think. Wigan still odds on favourites.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:16 pm 

Wires71 wrote:I think Dupree knew what he was doing and was snide about it. Keighran's case was a slam dunk. Both stupid and pointless.

As for the ban length, both still less than Vaughan lifting a player time wasting by feigning injury.

I agree, it won't affect the result I don't think. Wigan still odds on favourites.

I'd prefer Dupree to be playing as for all the good things that he does/can do, aggressive front foot forward play, there's always a big chance of 'cerebral flatulence' in game which could give us an edge.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:33 pm 
Player Coach
First Team Player

Neither of them are huge losses as others have stated, I'm just pleased justice was done and just hope it doesn't add to Wigan's motivation. They still have a very strong squad!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:12 pm 
Player Coach
First Team Player

Not really big losses other than Keighran for the goal kicking. His assumed replacement in Eckersley looked a lot more dangerous at the weekend. But as above, justice has been done at least, thats all we want.

TheWarringtonWolve69 wrote: Saints by 32

Regards

(Formerly) King James

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:14 pm 
First Team Player
First Team Player

Uncle Rico wrote:I'd prefer Dupree to be playing as for all the good things that he does/can do, aggressive front foot forward play, there's always a big chance of 'cerebral flatulence' in game which could give us an edge.

I’d prefer Dupree to be playing as well, he’s a big miss for Wigan.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:21 pm 

Zig wrote:I’d prefer Dupree to be playing as well, he’s a big miss for Wigan.

Fair enough you see him every week and I'm a casual observer without any knowledge on the stats front, say for penalties conceded.

It's just a feeling that now and again he's liable to let you down...as with anyone it's a balance and one that won't be tested on Saturday.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:36 pm 
Player Coach
First Team Player

Uncle Rico wrote:Fair enough you see him every week and I'm a casual observer without any knowledge on the stats front, say for penalties conceded.

It's just a feeling that now and again he's liable to let you down...as with anyone it's a balance and one that won't be tested on Saturday.

Yeah, perhaps it's a relief for Wigan? I mean, if he loses his head (pun intended!) in a league game against a side of relative newbies, how would he have coped in a pressure scenario such as a cup final!?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116  Next

It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:10 pm