FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home Warrington Wolves Tonight’s game v Catalan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tonight’s game v Catalan
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 10:38 am 
Club Captain
Club Captain

That was a cracker of a match in its own way. Our goal line defence was out of the very top drawer..A few baffling decisions, for us the 1 on 1 strip and the obstruction and for them the no try.
What is bets from our point of view though is that we have shown we can win games in different ways.
PS George Williams is just getting better ad better
PPS Satae was an absolute beast, the sort of player we have brought in before and they turned into pussycats when they arrived (Solomona, BMM) but under Burgess what could we do with him?!

Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 10:46 am 

Beat me to it Captain I was just about to post something similar on the different ways of winning. Last week was a feast of attacking whilst this was the best defensive game I've seen from us in such a long time I cant think when at the moment.

A thoroughly enjoyable sporting day in Chez Rico long may that continue

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 10:58 am 

Yes, I think a strong defensive structure is for me, the last piece in the jigsaw that the squad needed. Bringing in Tai and the confidence of the players (to let them mark their opposite number) seems to have given us a big boost in defence. Les Cats did seem a bit clueless at times when attacking our line though so it will be interesting to see how we fare in the next run of games.

I am intrigued to see the squad / line up for the next game ( for both sides) !

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 11:32 am 
Player Coach
Player Coach

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 12:59 pm 
International Star
Club Captain

I remember last year that one or two went ballistic when Powell failed to use all his subs as if it was the worst crime ever. It doesn't seem quite so important now. I must admit I thought it would be useful to bring on some fresh legs ... but not a big deal then or now.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 1:10 pm 
Junior Player
Junior Player

Smiffy27 wrote:I remember last year that one or two went ballistic when Powell failed to use all his subs as if it was the worst crime ever. It doesn't seem quite so important now. I must admit I thought it would be useful to bring on some fresh legs ... but not a big deal then or now.

Big difference if you don't use a sub and you win compared to don't use a sub and lose it was just part of Powells wider issue of using certain players whether they were effective or not. Burgess has trusted his players such as Holroyd, Wood, Lindop and has been rewarded, the only one who I don't think has gone well was Russell and he dealt with him afterwards.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 7:17 pm 
Club Coach
Club Coach

Loved seeing Burgess busting his heart out chanting the celebratory (to which I still don’t know the words) in the dressing room.

Also, over the years I’ve been very vocal about competition being healthy…
And staunchly against Tony Smiths view of players returning from injury going straight back in to their position.

Tai has put himself in firmly in Connor Wrench’s foot print, and as much as I like Wrench, he cannot oust Tai, in much the same way Drinkwater could not oust Hayes.

It makes the statement that the squad is the team, and there are no favourites.
Even Williams missed out on a couple of games.

I

Packs Win Games
Great Packs Make All Backs Look Class
#onceawirealwaysawire

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 8:00 pm 
Player Coach
Fringe Player

Anyone who missed the match or doesn't have Sky Sports can see it on SkySp Mix 416 (free) at 3pm tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 5:03 pm 

Quick question does anyone have a verified, confirmed attendance for the Catalans game? My usual sources have TBC....all very Hull KR.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 5:15 pm 
Junior Player
Junior Player

Don't know how you are on your sources but will this do https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... ns-9308323
Don't know how you are on your sources but will this do https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... ns-9308323

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:52 am