FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home Leeds Rhinos Smith out ASAP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 847 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 85  Next
 Post subject: Re: Smith out ASAP
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 9:52 am 
New Signing
New Signing

batleyrhino wrote:Long term I agree, but I’d think he would be interested in a short term role if the money was right. His approach is also what we need, won’t stand for any crap, will let those not pulling their weight know.

I agree 100% and have been saying it all season.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 12:24 pm 
International Star
First Team Player

Backwoodsman wrote:Looks like all the foroum are in general agreement that Smith has failed. The main talking point should be how much damage has Smith done, I can think of 3 players that should be out of the door immediately. Obviously that will be difficult because of contractual agreements. Potentially Smith has set us back at least 2 seasons. No point in immediately sacking him , let him continue to the end of the season. That give us ample time to find a new coach.

So keep him on and let him cause more damage :CRAZY: :CRAZY:

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 12:28 pm 
International Star
First Team Player

Smithout wrote:Why does he hate leeds? He used to play for leeds. He is a proud Wiganer as you would expect. But he is also a professional coach.

He did not want to be here then

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 1:06 pm 
New Signing
New Signing

ploinerrhino wrote:He did not want to be here then

Who said he didn't want the job? Was he asked? If so was the contract not good enough? Just like you i don 't know. And prob never will

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 1:24 pm 
Club Captain
Academy Player

Wane hates Leeds so much that he was a pallbearer at HarryJepsons funeral?

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 1:31 pm 
Academy Player
Academy Player

Not this again. First Rowley, now Wane. They are professionals. If the terms offered are right, they'll come. And if any professional sportsman didn't want to go to a particular club because he "hates" them then deary me.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 1:39 pm 
Club Captain
Academy Player

I can’t say I have a clue what goes on behind the scenes, but I imagine GH is putting the pretty serious feelers out the for Jason Demetriou, Justin Holbrook or Brad Arthur before making an announcement or decision on Smiths future.

I would have absolutely no confidence in Chev Walker or Scott Grix taking over as interim, as they’re in effect all part of a failed coaching staff, so in that sense there’s no point sacking smith if there’s no one to come in.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 1:42 pm 
First Team Player
First Team Player

The main purpose would be to send a signal to players and fans that enough's enough. Its pretty common for assistants to take over as caretaker if the head coach is sacked. The problem last time we did it was that Agar got the gig permanently.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 1:42 pm 
Academy Player
Academy Player

exiledrhino wrote:I can’t say I have a clue what goes on behind the scenes, but I imagine GH is putting the pretty serious feelers out the for Jason Demetriou, Justin Holbrook or Brad Arthur before making an announcement or decision on Smiths future.

I would have absolutely no confidence in Chev Walker or Scott Grix taking over as interim, as they’re in effect all part of a failed coaching staff, so in that sense there’s no point sacking smith if there’s no one to come in.

I'd be staggered if this wasn't the case. One thing is certain. The next coach must be tried and tested at this level.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 1:44 pm 
International Board Member
Player Coach

Not a fan of appointing a caretaker coach mainly due to them less authority and we could end up being in a bigger mess than we already are.Get the new man in now.

I'm not a pheasant plucker, i'm a pheasant pluckers son and i'm only plucking pheasants till the pheasant plucker comes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 847 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 85  Next

It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:37 am