FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home Hull FC Shopping list for 2025

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2900 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219 ... 290  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shopping list for 2025
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 2:47 pm 
Fringe Player
Fringe Player

Houghthas been a very good player and will go down in memory for tackle 52 but isn’t a Legend imo.His tackling game is 2nd to none but had never had the attacking game to put him up there with the top hookers.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 3:11 pm 
Player Coach
Player Coach

This is part of the problem as to why we are in the position we currently are. We'd rather flog a player who's seen better days, persist with him rather than try someone different.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 3:20 pm 
International Star
International Star

B0NES wrote:This is part of the problem as to why we are in the position we currently are. We'd rather flog a player who's seen better days, persist with him rather than try someone different.

still say there is no one at the club prepared to say to Houghton sorry Danny but your dropped and we are going to try something different

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 4:01 pm 
Fringe Player
Fringe Player

Il play devil’s advocate here….If Danny knows he’s “gone”…and let’s be honest he is…Why doesn’t he hold his hand up and say lads,I’m done or is he happy to be flogged for 60+ minutes a game and pick up his wages no matter the result…..could this season tar him a bit given what he has achieved at the club…like I say,playing devil’s advocate and be interesting to see what other posters think.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 4:10 pm 
International Board Member

Harsh to say a player who has clocked up 450 appearances for us isn't a club legend

The poor man's bonaire

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 4:12 pm 
Fringe Player
Fringe Player

All a matter of opinion Jake…just think legend is bandied about too easily

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 7:02 pm 
Academy Player
Academy Player

First of all, Danny will rightly be remembered as a legend for the club in my opinion. You don't play the amount of games he has for the club and not get classed in the legend category. Throw in the fact that he was part of that team that finally won at Wembley and that monumental tackle plus his Man of Steel award... if he's not getting legendary status then I don't know who is.

There's some good points made here about whether anyone at the club has the guts to tell him he's done, does he know he's done, and will it tarnish his achievements. I think that agree with the first one. We've seen coach after coach keep flogging him for 80 minutes for a number of seasons (60 this year) and I think we have all seen that's been detrimental to him for awhile now which obviously raises the question as to why the coaches can't see that or don't want to see that. The same could be said for Danny himself. Sometimes it's hard to see your own faults so maybe he's in a bit of denial and thinks he's still offering as much as he once did (certainly not knocking his effort by the way, that's still clearly there for all to see) and he needs someone higher up to make that call. As for tarnishing his reputation, it is possible that it might do that in the short term but I think in the long term people will just remember the good stuff and won't be remembering that he maybe played on too long.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 8:39 pm 
Club Captain
Academy Player

I can understand houghtons friends fighting his corner , but legend he isn’t . How do you become one when you haven’t played 1 game of international rugby , or is it based on his defence which has been exceptional. He’s been flogged because he can do 80 minutes, because of his limitations, and also because we’ve never looked at anybody else , probably because he’s hull born . Decent player and a good person but legend , why ! We’ve had a lot better hookers but not called legends over the years , or does that only happen when you’ve played a certain amount of games !

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 9:41 pm 

Our only ever man of Steel? How do you define legend?

The poor man's bonaire

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 11:12 pm 
Club Owner
Club Owner

It shouldn't based on international caps, the international game is a joke.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2900 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219 ... 290  Next

It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:37 am