FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home Hull FC Castleford Away

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
 Post subject: Re: Castleford Away
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 1:34 pm 
Academy Player
Academy Player

Can't say I am surprised we lost because... well, it's us! The most frustrating part is definitely the way they played in the last quarter. It shows they've got it in them to lift their game but (and not for the first time) they only seem able to do it when the game is gone. Grix has said that we need to find that energy earlier on but I've seen little so far to suggest that he knows how to do that. Think those earlier games with him in charge flattered to deceive to be honest. We all thought we were seeing marginal improvements in games we were expecting to lose and lose heavily in but these last two games were winnable yet there's been very little to suggest we were capable of winning them. Even Huddersfield next week should be a potentially winnable game but we all know that won't happen.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 2:37 pm 
Junior Player
New Signing

Going to come at it from a different angle. I was encouraged…

Before the game- I thought we would win. Still thought we would win it with 10 to go and barring two blown tries we might have done.

Not sure effort was the issue last night. We were dumb… dumb on the field And dumb in the stand (keeping Houghton on for so long). Watching the young lads last night was great to see. Moy is going to be a star. Some of our older players clearly have zero confidence and that’s obvious to see- ala Sutcliffe. Consider the fact that this season is over We have a bare bones foundation of a squad (the youngsters particularly) that we can build around with some quality signings really making a difference. Don’t think we’ll ‘win it all’ next year but expect we’ll be a million times better.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 3:07 pm 
International Star
International Star

Whatamidoinghere? wrote:Going to come at it from a different angle. I was encouraged…

Before the game- I thought we would win. Still thought we would win it with 10 to go and barring two blown tries we might have done.

Not sure effort was the issue last night. We were dumb… dumb on the field And dumb in the stand (keeping Houghton on for so long). Watching the young lads last night was great to see. Moy is going to be a star. Some of our older players clearly have zero confidence and that’s obvious to see- ala Sutcliffe. Consider the fact that this season is over We have a bare bones foundation of a squad (the youngsters particularly) that we can build around with some quality signings really making a difference. Don’t think we’ll ‘win it all’ next year but expect we’ll be a million times better.

Too early to say Moy will be a star but i hope he makes it.
Not too long ago everyone was saying the same about Litten and he will end up playing in the Championship with several other of our younger players like Gardiner
We just dont produce many real stars unfortunately

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 3:41 pm 
International Board Member
International Board Member

Moy looks to have more pace than litten although hard to tell until he gets a clear run but certainly looks quicker than litten who looks too slow for fb to me

The poor man's bonaire

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 8:47 am 
Club Coach
Club Captain

Dave K. wrote:I'd have Moy on the bench, can play a multiple positions including hooker and brings some real zip and enthusiasm.

Start Smith at 9 and Houghton at 13.

Said the same about Danny offers as much as Cator at 13 put him there for his defense and play Morgan 9, Danny is stifling the attack.

Always the Optimist never the Pessimist. Glass Half full not half empty man me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25

It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 3:25 am