FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home Halifax Panthers Squad 2024

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 550 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 55  Next
 Post subject: Re: Squad 2024
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 5:17 pm 
Fringe Player
Academy Player

I can remember plenty on this forum taking the p**s out of Bradford for having Leeds loanees in the team at the Shay. Kettle and pot anyone!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 7:31 pm 
International Star
Club Captain

Peter Goddard wrote:I can remember plenty on this forum taking the p**s out of Bradford for having Leeds loanees in the team at the Shay. Kettle and pot anyone!

Well their in the squad at the moment as the team hasn’t been picked yet but if they all play for Fax then feel free to take the p**s and join and become no different from those who you mentioned when the roles were reversed.
Pot and kettle anyone!

But even then Fax will still have to do so multiple times over the season to even come close and unlike Bradford, Fax will choose if and when they play unlike the Bulls that were well and truly owned :SUBMISSION: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 10:02 pm 
Fringe Player
Academy Player

faxcar wrote:Well their in the squad at the moment as the team hasn’t been picked yet but if they all play for Fax then feel free to take the p**s and join and become no different from those who you mentioned when the roles were reversed.
Pot and kettle anyone!

But even then Fax will still have to do so multiple times over the season to even come close and unlike Bradford, Fax will choose if and when they play unlike the Bulls that were well and truly owned :SUBMISSION: :lol:

Don't worry you'll get there. And no way am I taking the p**s, just making a comparison.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 11:17 pm 
International Star
Club Captain

Peter Goddard wrote:Don't worry you'll get there. And no way am I taking the p**s, just making a comparison.

Maybe a bit premature in making the comparison then if it’s only some future possibility, so until if and when it happens what’s the point of posting it then :?:

Even then with the state of the game and what else is going on in the world today nothing about rugby league worries me one jot however things turn out.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 7:46 am 
Player Coach
International Star

Peter Goddard wrote:I can remember plenty on this forum taking the p**s out of Bradford for having Leeds loanees in the team at the Shay. Kettle and pot anyone!

Unsurprising really as the game that your brought about 3 or 4 loan players in for against us you actually beat us so that is going to stick in peoples memories. When we played Bradford without their loan players a few weeks later we won very comfortably.

Its also hard to compare the two situations because as of yet we have not really looked like beating anyone despite having these loan players in. :lol:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 8:54 am 
Fringe Player
Academy Player

What I'm trying to say is that people should not be so quick to take the p**s as you never know when you will be in the same position.

With our injury situation at the moment we would be struggling to put a team out without loan players. In the game these days we all need loanees.

I really don't like to see Fax in their slump at the moment, god knows we have been there and hopefully will survive. I'm sure Fax will do too. Onwards and upwards.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 1:01 pm 
Player Coach
International Star

Peter Goddard wrote:What I'm trying to say is that people should not be so quick to take the p**s as you never know when you will be in the same position.

I'm the oppositie I think people should take the mickey at every opportunity but don't moan when you get it back when you are in a similar situation. Would be boring without that in a rivalry. :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 1:07 pm 
International Star
Club Captain

Anybody and everybody should indeed take the p**s out of the DR/short term loans. It is a disgrace to the game and whether you use it once or a hundred times, for one or five players you are just as guilty full stop. Last year's game against Bradford illustrated the system for what it is and the short term thinking. That one match put Bradford above Fax and ultimately cost us a play off place. Great for them but in the bigger picture the SL club's are laughing at us. As GFB says a few weeks later Fax comfortably beat the bulls without their 'guests' but the damage was done for us and the SL players had been given their workouts.

Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 12:32 pm 
International Chairman
International Star

Really can't understand why some folk get so upset about DR. It's totally irrelevant whether a player is a contracted player or loaned player, it's no more unfair than Wakey for example being able to sign better players than the rest.

AM I RIGHT? I'M NOT WRONG!

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 11:23 am 
International Chairman
International Star

Looks like Wakey may have dropped Walmsley. They're selecting McGillvary and Olpherts. Don't think he's injured because he was in the squad. Possible return?

AM I RIGHT? I'M NOT WRONG!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 550 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 55  Next

It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:06 am