FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home Hull FC Castleford Away

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Castleford Away
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 6:24 am 
Junior Player
New Signing

Hasbag wrote:Jebson doesn't seem toget much game time. Must only have played 20 minutes max again tonight. But defensively he is very good. Doesn't ever seem to miss a tackle.

What I saw of Jebson was impressive - big and strong. It’s been said that Balmforth switches off Smith Grix and Hodgson didn’t play him for a reason so can’t just play him when he goes missing - costs tries

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 6:25 am 
Club Owner
Club Owner

I'd have Moy on the bench, can play a multiple positions including hooker and brings some real zip and enthusiasm.

Start Smith at 9 and Houghton at 13.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 6:34 am 
Junior Player
New Signing

K-Diddy wrote:1 penalty & 1 six again. The penalty was for crossing/obstruction. Now either Castleford are the most disciplined team I’ve ever seen or…

Let’s not go down the victim approach. Cas were very disciplined and we weren’t. They showed it can be done, it's in our hands. Ese Ese is a case in point - our best forward and we lose him for weeks for something he should never have said - allegedly

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 6:38 am 
Player Coach
International Star

TnT wrote:Disagree re Barron. He has pace scored a try made, kicked well, carried well. Did lose the ball in one carry and Moy took any high kicks but think he will go well as he gets older

Hope I’m wrong, but never been massively impressed in any game I’ve seen him play.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 6:39 am 
Player Coach
International Star

Dave K. wrote:I'd have Moy on the bench, can play a multiple positions including hooker and brings some real zip and enthusiasm.

Start Smith at 9 and Houghton at 13.

Can Moy pass and tackle at hooker? Has he ever played there??

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 6:41 am 
International Star
Club Captain

Barron wasn't bad last night to be fair. Probably the best game I've seen him have for Hull. Needs to be more confident going up and challenge for kicks, but other than a knock on near our own line he was good going forward. Made 126 metres and carried the ball 19 times (our 2nd most carries after Trueman 20)).
Good game from him in my opinion, but still prefer the look of Martin at the moment.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 6:42 am 
Club Owner
Club Owner

tommyfromhull wrote:Can Moy pass and tackle at hooker? Has he ever played there??

Played alot of his youth as a hooker.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 6:46 am 
International Star
Club Captain

tommyfromhull wrote:Can Moy pass and tackle at hooker? Has he ever played there??

Played 9 a fair bit in the academy I think. And you can see in mat he's that he's always happy to jump in at dummy half and try to push some speed to the play.
Not sure how he'd get on with some of the SL forwards running at him over and over again though. Would rely on the others in the middle to work hard and offer him some protection in defence, but it's the 'working hard' part that our team struggle with.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 6:50 am 
Club Owner
Club Owner

Hasbag wrote:Played 9 a fair bit in the academy I think. And you can see in mat he's that he's always happy to jump in at dummy half and try to push some speed to the play.
Not sure how he'd get on with some of the SL forwards running at him over and over again though. Would rely on the others in the middle to work hard and offer him some protection in defence, but it's the 'working hard' part that our team struggle with.

His defence would be a concern, but don't have alot to lose though.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 6:59 am 
International Board Member
International Board Member

TnT wrote:was left out for playing reasons so a bit harsh of you. Good player but obviously not played well at London

Harsh but true. He is regularly injured

The poor man's bonaire

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:58 am