FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home Hull FC Tex Hoy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Tex Hoy
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 10:03 am 
Club Captain
Fringe Player

neither hoy or nu brown have really been replaced,hoy was up and down,but could play at 6 and nu brown has not been replaced as a 9.we still lack creativity and its showing in our attack.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 11:08 am 

TnT wrote:Meaning he’s getting to his best in an environment that nurtures that. Is this better coaching, better team mates, more forgiving fans, less pressure? Clubs have to acquire talent which I think Hoy is and tune it, prepare it, treasure it, respect it etc,etc. Hull didn’t seem to do that. Even Verstappens car needs attention for peak performance. That’s the ‘And’

I’d say based on things that have come to light it’s probably been down to the poor Coaching & Environment under Smith along with Tex not putting in the required effort & commitment at Hull which Tex admitted himself.

Shame his exit was before Smiths as would have been interesting to see how he went under Grix, but that all history now.

I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 11:51 am 
International Board Member
International Board Member

the issue is if the coached can't really be assed why should the players? Hoy is definitely a talent and some of the blame lies with him but the environment has to also be right

The poor man's bonaire

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 12:21 pm 
Player Coach
Player Coach

[exturl][/exturl]Best larker we had on the books.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 3:39 pm 
International Star
Club Captain

I haven't read it but was told Hoy was having a dig at Hull fans on social media.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 3:51 pm 
Club Owner
Club Owner

Haven't seen that, thought he was pretty classy after he scored, didn't really celebrate (I wouldn't begrudge him that). Apart from the try, which had an element of luck, I didn't think he was great TBH.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:49 am