FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home Wakefield Trinity Sheffield Eagles

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sheffield Eagles
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 10:37 pm 
Academy Player
New Signing

Lino got 10 for throwing ball away after knock on. Sheffield played some really good stuff and to me was one of our best performances and if we had not been on our game might have struggled. Griffin was awesome tonight best player on field. Their halves played really well Ashton and Thackery. To me Sheffield have been the best team we have played so great result,

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 10:45 pm 
Club Coach
International Star

Dannyboywt1 wrote:Lino got 10 for throwing ball away after knock on. Sheffield played some really good stuff and to me was one of our best performances and if we had not been on our game might have struggled. Griffin was awesome tonight best player on field. Their halves played really well Ashton and Thackery. To me Sheffield have been the best team we have played so great result,

No, Lino I think got a shove and in a petulant response threw the ball which hit a Sheffield player on the back of the head. Stupid really.

Top six 2005 - Trinity.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 11:06 pm 
Fringe Player
Fringe Player

Trojan Horse wrote:No, Lino I think got a shove and in a petulant response threw the ball which hit a Sheffield player on the back of the head. Stupid really.

Jowitt got binned for doing the same thing against the Bulls I think…

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 11:31 pm 
Club Coach
International Star

Spookisback wrote:Jowitt got binned for doing the same thing against the Bulls I think…

Except watching the game back Jowitt actually missed the player with the ball so was kind of funny he got binned for throwing the ball at the floor half heartedly.

Lino unfortunately was far more clear cut.

Top six 2005 - Trinity.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 11:35 pm 
Academy Player
New Signing

I stand corrected due to fact I'm nearly 60 and my grandkids bike has better lights than their floodlight

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 5:02 am 
Club Captain
First Team Player

For me that was a potential banana skin put to bed in great style, especially after Eagles 54-0 drumming of Barrow This team is still in its infancy ,when you think how many games they have been together for and will only get better the more games we get under our belts . Cracking result and plenty more to come .

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 8:59 am 
Club Coach
Club Coach

Kettykat wrote:For me that was a potential banana skin put to bed in great style, especially after Eagles 54-0 drumming of Barrow This team is still in its infancy ,when you think how many games they have been together for and will only get better the more games we get under our belts . Cracking result and plenty more to come .

Exactly this.
Sheffield have been going really well, scoring plenty and conceding very few points.
It was an excellent performance.
The stadium was new but, too small, too small and despite having the main stand, it was no better than going to Siddal.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 9:41 am 

Lino is still getting some criticism about his passing. I confess I was pretty vexed last week.

But the one guy that seems to get him is Griffin.
That double pump seems to go wrong, unless it's Griffin catching it.
Since Fev mistake they have clearly worked on that and it led to a try again for Griffin this week.

I do wish Lino was better, but their partnership is pretty good.

A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 11:12 am 
International Chairman
International Chairman

Khlav Kalash wrote:His discipline seems to be off too. In closer games that could really cost us.

Frustration I imagine.

Lino is a 95% player in my book but I’m sure he wants to be 100%. For whatever reason he can’t find that 5% on a regular basis. If he could he’d be devastating. At nearly 30 must be driving him bonkers as the clock ticks.

I don’t think he’s a naturally dirty player.

SUPPORT SWAG...

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 11:31 am 
Junior Player
Junior Player

I couldn't go to the match, however I have looked at the tries on you tube, the recording seems to be from the ref & lines man/woman Rfl recording ? Will a trin one be done as the ground probably has no tv tower etc ????

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:42 pm