FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home The Virtual Terrace Inglis to Warrington...confirmed

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Inglis to Warrington...confirmed
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:51 pm 
International Star
Fringe Player

I know some comments have mentioned he isn’t in the highest earners but all in all, you’d hope / expect that inglis isn’t given he has come out of retirement.

Yes he’s an outstanding player and if he is anything like back to his best he will be very exciting to watch but it’s a risk if he isn’t or lacks the mental confidence when he gets the attention he will likely get from opposition players.

End of the day, if Warrington can afford it good luck to them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:40 pm 
International Board Member
International Board Member

I wouldn't believe the press soundbites about him not being on much money. He was one of the brightest stars in the game for a long time. He could easily earn 6 figures in Australia just doing media work and endorsements. If he was going to play league again, he could get a £200k (The figure Warrington are rumoured to be paying) salary in the NRL with ease, probably within five minutes just by having his agent make two or three phone calls.

He'll be on plenty, how Warrington are fitting that into the salary cap doesn't really concern me. It's a short term deal, he's not going to be around for long and the sport needs investment, both in terms of money but more importantly in terms of giving it some bright lights to promote itself with. We need big names and positive stories. I'll bet his debut is a sellout crowd (If crowds are allowed) and the biggest TV audience for a while. We need that kind of headline and less of the 'Huddersfield thank Uate for giving up his contract in these difficult times for us all...' type ones.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:10 am 
Player Coach
Club Captain

little wayne69 wrote:Why mention it anyway, and by doing so give the impression that your in the know, isn't that an attempt at boasting ?, if what you say about keeping these alleged peoples confidences to yourself, then surely the fact that some people are prepared to impart their information on you should give you the satisfaction you obviously crave for unless you just want people to know that your in the know, I'm now more interested to know who the people you share your confidences with than how big a wedge the players on.

I mentioned in the vaguest possible terms that the speculation on here of a payday for Inglis of marquee levels was very wide of the mark. That's all. Didn't name a figure, didn't hint at the specific male/female source. My statement was backed up in the media by informed journalists and club officials. Not much of a 'boast'. If you had a confirmed fact that contradicted wild speculation about your club would you not do something similar?

Waiting for the 2021 RLWC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:02 pm 
International Star
First Team Player

There you go again boasting "a confirmed fact "

Many a confirmed fact has turned out to be Fiction on this board !

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:19 pm 
International Star
Club Captain

ploinerrhino wrote:There you go again boasting "a confirmed fact "

Many a confirmed fact has turned out to be Fiction on this board !

The sky commentators (none of whom will have seen the contract) said it too so it must be true. Wire would obviously openly admit any cap breaches or that they were paying GI the equivalent of 2 players wages.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:49 pm 
International Star
International Star

Asgardian13 wrote:I mentioned in the vaguest possible terms that the speculation on here of a payday for Inglis of marquee levels was very wide of the mark. That's all. Didn't name a figure, didn't hint at the specific male/female source. My statement was backed up in the media by informed journalists and club officials. Not much of a 'boast'. If you had a confirmed fact that contradicted wild speculation about your club would you not do something similar?

If it was a confirmed fact then it would not be wild speculation and there would not be any of this nonsense regarding who knows what, a very good friend of mine has a son what plays for Wakey he was in the middle of unwanted and unfair criticism with fans regarding wages and his refusal to sign a new contract, not quite in the same context as your player, never the less the Chairman could have but did not step in and explain the situation fully, all these fans what used to cheer him on turned against him because they thought they knew his business better than he did, I personally could have put them right or tried to had I thought they would have taken any notice, but i did not get drawn into an argument I could not win mainly because it's not my business, perhaps with hindsight you might have been better off letting these people speculate on the matter, after all there's not much else to talk about atm,.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:56 am 
Player Coach
Club Captain

Egg Chasing wrote:The sky commentators (none of whom will have seen the contract) said it too so it must be true. Wire would obviously openly admit any cap breaches or that they were paying GI the equivalent of 2 players wages.

Pointless debating this any more. You're obviously convinced that Inglis is being paid marquee wages which would put Wire over the cap by £300-500,000. THE RFL operates a 'live cap' audit so we won't have to wait long for your suspicion to be proved true and Warrington will be rumbled, pay a fine and have points deducted. Please do send me a private message when this happens.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:08 am 
International Star
Club Captain

Asgardian13 wrote:Pointless debating this any more. You're obviously convinced that Inglis is being paid marquee wages which would put Wire over the cap by £300-500,000. THE RFL operates a 'live cap' audit so we won't have to wait long for your suspicion to be proved true and Warrington will be rumbled, pay a fine and have points deducted. Please do send me a private message when this happens.

I'm not convinced by anything. I have asked you several times as have others to back up your comments with some form of proof because usually these comments from people "in the know" are utter BS and so far you have used Brian Carney as your proof. I don't care what the figure is, I'm just wondering who your source is that you're such good mates with bearing in mind it's one of about 5 people, because again usually it's someone who works in the club shop, ticket office or who cleans a players car.

As for a "live cap" it took 2 years for them to pull Wigan up so not sure how that will work.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:37 am 
Player Coach
Club Captain

Egg Chasing wrote:I'm not convinced by anything. I have asked you several times as have others to back up your comments with some form of proof because usually these comments from people "in the know" are utter BS and so far you have used Brian Carney as your proof. I don't care what the figure is, I'm just wondering who your source is that you're such good mates with bearing in mind it's one of about 5 people, because again usually it's someone who works in the club shop, ticket office or who cleans a players car.

As for a "live cap" it took 2 years for them to pull Wigan up so not sure how that will work.

And I have patiently explained that I will not betray a confidence from a friend of over twenty years just to satisfy your curiosity. It's not good enough for you, OK, I'm happy knowing what I know. If you think mainstream RL journalists like Brian Carney will accept and then propagate falsehoods that's up to you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:21 am 

i'm loving this pissboiling, imagine what its going to be like when we finally win a gf

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 7:31 pm