FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home Wigan Warriors Are we the only club with a marquee player now?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Are we the only club with a marquee player now?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:26 pm 
Club Coach
Club Coach

[Gareth] wrote:they have been able to train this year........

Leeds for the double then

king warrior wrote:Adam Blair flew over yesterday and has been training the deal is going to be signed this week

Got to say this is a top signing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:27 pm 
International Star
First Team Player

Cherry_Warrior wrote:I will respond

1. First few games yes of course in a much tougher league against much bigger men he struggled to adapt, naturally. Attacking threat is because he was told to play that way. They didn't want the 'Off the cuff' rugby he was used to. And rightly so i suppose. Australia is a much more drilled game than ours. Indeed i was told by somebody close to Sam that Jarryd Hayne scored a try past him and made him look a fool and you can see Hayne shouting something at him. I can confirm those words were "You're in my world now Tomkins"

2. That point is utter bull. Yes he was injured for a while but was one of the Warriors best player approaching the latter half of the season by a mile.

3. He didn't make the play offs. That must mean because NZ Warriors didn't make the play offs he is crap. Must be all his fault. Can i remind you that Leeds didn't finish in the play offs either so by you analysis, Watkins, Hall, Briscoe, Ward etc are all rubbish.

4. Your last point doesn't stand up and you can't measure it by any proof.

Whatever, it doesn't matter what you think of his NRL performances, point is that he wasn't really a marquee signing because he was coming back anyway (doesn't matter whether it was because of homesickness or poor performances)

Therefore not one team has been able (or willing) to attract a proper marquee signing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:30 pm 
International Star
First Team Player

Cruncher wrote:I can only assume, given the sudden appearance on here of Leeds fans, that they've won a couple of pre-season fixtures.

We don't really play preseason fixtures of any meaning for some reason. We just play a couple of championship teams and Wakefield or Cas on boxing day.
Not really sure why, but we have had both good and bad starts doing this, so it probably doesn't make a difference.

Don't worry though, if we beat saints on the opening day we swarm this forum like locusts :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:11 am 
International Star
First Team Player

leedsnsouths wrote:We don't really play preseason fixtures of any meaning for some reason. We just play a couple of championship teams and Wakefield or Cas on boxing day.
Not really sure why, but we have had both good and bad starts doing this, so it probably doesn't make a difference.

Don't worry though, if we beat saints on the opening day we swarm this forum like locusts :D

You'll be welcome :D

"Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try
No hell below us, above us only pie"(John Ono Lennon born Wigan 1940)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:30 pm 
International Star
Fringe Player

Aboveusonlypie wrote:You'll be welcome :D

Seconded :lol: :lol: Because we will all be cheering you on

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:37 pm 
International Chairman
International Star

leedsnsouths wrote:Whatever, it doesn't matter what you think of his NRL performances, point is that he wasn't really a marquee signing because he was coming back anyway (doesn't matter whether it was because of homesickness or poor performances)

Therefore not one team has been able (or willing) to attract a proper marquee signing.

A marquee player, in this context, means one for whom the club is taking advantage of the salary cap allowance. Nothing to do with how good or bad that player is perceived to be

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:11 pm