FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home Wigan Warriors Are we the only club with a marquee player now?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Are we the only club with a marquee player now?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:09 pm 
International Star
First Team Player

Cherry_Warrior wrote:Edited for accuracy

Yea cos obviously if Tompkins had scored a try a game down under or ranked high on the Dally M table then he still would have come back to you :lol:

Just like Joe Burgess and Lee Mossop, its nothing to do with them failing, they are just homesick. Wigan must be brilliant!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:14 pm 
Club Owner
Club Owner

leedsnsouths wrote:Yea cos obviously if Tompkins had scored a try a game down under or ranked high on the Dally M table then he still would have come back to you :lol:

Just like Joe Burgess and Lee Mossop, its nothing to do with them failing, they are just homesick. Wigan must be brilliant!

How's that training ground of yours this year? :UMB:

WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017 & 2024

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2018 & 2023

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011, 2013, 2022 & 2024

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010, 2012, 2020 & 2023

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019

WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:31 pm 
International Star
International Star

leedsnsouths wrote:Yea cos obviously if Tompkins had scored a try a game down under or ranked high on the Dally M table then he still would have come back to you :lol:

Just like Segayaro loved playing for Leeds and was always committed to staying...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:48 pm 
International Star
Fringe Player

Why was he a failure?

Take your Tomkins hating glasses off for one second and answer that question honestly. I know Leeds fans hate him with a passion, as indicated whilst booing him when he was wearing an England jersey but can you explain why he was a failure?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:12 pm 
International Star
First Team Player

Cherry_Warrior wrote:Why was he a failure?

Take your Tomkins hating glasses off for one second and answer that question honestly. I know Leeds fans hate him with a passion, as indicated whilst booing him when he was wearing an England jersey but can you explain why he was a failure?

Well he certainly didn't succeed did he?
His first season was full of defensive errors and little attacking threat.
In his second season he was injured half the time and poor the other half.
He also didn't make the playoffs either season.
The only success on his part was convincing a team to pay him around 1 mill a year to be a below average fullback (by NRL standards).

BTW I was at that game at headingly, and there were plenty of people in Wakey Cas and Hull shirts booing him too.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:38 pm 
International Board Member
International Board Member

Pre season optimism doesn't half make people brave!

Leedsnsouths plucking up the courage to come back on here proves that. It's good to have him/her and their crazy one eyed views back!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:01 pm 
International Star
First Team Player

[quote="leedsnsouths"]Well he certainly didn't succeed did he?
The only success on his part was convincing a team to pay him around 1 mill a year to be a below average fullback (by NRL standards).

BTW I was at that game at headingly, and there were plenty of people in Wakey Cas and Hull shirts booing him too.[/quote]

We have to remember that Yorkshire is well known for its sheep, if one goes Ba,aa they all go Ba,aa.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:44 pm 
International Star
Fringe Player

leedsnsouths wrote:Well he certainly didn't succeed did he?

BTW I was at that game at headingly, and there were plenty of people in Wakey Cas and Hull shirts booing him too.

I will respond

1. First few games yes of course in a much tougher league against much bigger men he struggled to adapt, naturally. Attacking threat is because he was told to play that way. They didn't want the 'Off the cuff' rugby he was used to. And rightly so i suppose. Australia is a much more drilled game than ours. Indeed i was told by somebody close to Sam that Jarryd Hayne scored a try past him and made him look a fool and you can see Hayne shouting something at him. I can confirm those words were "You're in my world now Tomkins"

2. That point is utter bull. Yes he was injured for a while but was one of the Warriors best player approaching the latter half of the season by a mile.

3. He didn't make the play offs. That must mean because NZ Warriors didn't make the play offs he is crap. Must be all his fault. Can i remind you that Leeds didn't finish in the play offs either so by you analysis, Watkins, Hall, Briscoe, Ward etc are all rubbish.

4. Your last point doesn't stand up and you can't measure it by any proof.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:51 pm 
Club Coach
Club Coach

I can only assume, given the sudden appearance on here of Leeds fans, that they've won a couple of pre-season fixtures.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:45 am 
Club Coach
Club Coach

Cruncher wrote:I can only assume, given the sudden appearance on here of Leeds fans, that they've won a couple of pre-season fixtures.

they have been able to train this year........

"BOHICA"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:26 pm