FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home Other Sports Football Chat Thread - Euro 2012 edition

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1820 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166 ... 182  Next
 Post subject: Re: Football Chat Thread - Euro 2012 edition
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:25 pm 
Player Coach
Club Captain

Roddy B wrote:It shouldn't matter though, referees shouldn't go into any game believing in a sort of 'reputation'.

It would help with this stance of your club hadn't spent the last week trying to claim you've been badly done to because Suarez has been denied a bunch of pens he should have got.

Quote:It's this sort of thing that has meant Paul Scholes has avoided 50+ red cards in his career.

Well part of the problem there is that Paul Scholes was some kind of national treasure and it was just a joke that he couldn't tackle. A problem that Liverpool fans helped to foster because of their mutual masturbation club with United fans.

Quote:Suarez's dive today was stupid and embarrassing, but can you blame him? He's getting fouled in the box every single week and he isn't getting a thing, he hasn't had a sniff.

Suarez is clearly part of the problem in that he is clearly willing to dive when it suits. He hasn't helped himself with today's ridiculous effort.

Quote:Image

I dislike Tottenham about half as much as I dislike Liverpool, so that's still quite a lot. But I don't think Bale has done too much wrong there. He braced himself for collision after nicking the ball away because it looked like he was going to get kicked. With the speed he was going as soon as his stride was altered he was going down. The keeper then halted his kicking motion before impact so it looks like Bale has just blatantly dived when really it was just the combination of factors that caused it.

For me, I'd have just waved play on and left them to it.

The clip doesn't show the aftermath, but what were the responses from the players? If Bale got up and started saying he'd been clipped then he'd have earned himself a yellow. If he just said he braced himself then there's no issue.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:38 pm 
International Board Member
Club Coach

Lord God Jose Mourinho wrote:It would help with this stance of your club hadn't spent the last week trying to claim you've been badly done to because Suarez has been denied a bunch of pens he should have got.

Well part of the problem there is that Paul Scholes was some kind of national treasure and it was just a joke that he couldn't tackle. A problem that Liverpool fans helped to foster because of their mutual masturbation club with United fans.

Suarez is clearly part of the problem in that he is clearly willing to dive when it suits. He hasn't helped himself with today's ridiculous effort.

I dislike Tottenham about half as much as I dislike Liverpool, so that's still quite a lot. But I don't think Bale has done too much wrong there. He braced himself for collision after nicking the ball away because it looked like he was going to get kicked. With the speed he was going as soon as his stride was altered he was going down. The keeper then halted his kicking motion before impact so it looks like Bale has just blatantly dived when really it was just the combination of factors that caused it.

The clip doesn't show the aftermath, but what were the responses from the players? If Bale got up and started saying he'd been clipped then he'd have earned himself a yellow. If he just said he braced himself then there's no issue.

brad guzan laughed at him

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:50 pm 
Player Coach
International Star

Lord God Jose Mourinho wrote:It would help with this stance of your club hadn't spent the last week trying to claim you've been badly done to because Suarez has been denied a bunch of pens he should have got.

Our club has rightly complained about the standard of officiating in our games. It's frustrating that Suarez dove today, as I said it was embarrassing, but that shouldn't alter any future decision a referee should make, just as not giving them the most obvious one against Norwich the other week shouldn't influence them.

I rated Scholes as a player but the embarrassing ignorance towards his tackling was/still is a joke. This approach seems to be taken towards Stoke too, only they're not as popular.

Suarez should have been booked for his dive today and that should have been the end of it. The funny thing is he's been booked for it a couple of times this season and I don't think he actually dove, yet today when he did it wasn't penalised. If referees go into a game believing that someone is a diver and they'll ref them as so, they shouldn't be refereeing. Simple as, really.

See, your point on Bale I kind of agree with. Players should jump out of the way and do everything to avoid contact at all costs, but referees refuse to give decisions without contact, which is the sort of thing Stoke expose. I don't know how the players reacted to the Bale thing, but I do know plenty of fans that criticise Suarez for going down/avoiding bad challenges. Saddened done it the other day. Suarez came on against Udinese, a bad challenge came his way, contact was made but he got out of the way in a manner that seemed to exaggerate contact. Regardless of exaggeration, it was a bad foul but fans and referees refuse to see it that way, largely because they're utterly deluded because of things they seen "thirty years ago".

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:01 pm 
Player Coach
International Star

What makes people like Pulis an utter c*nt is the way he comes out and comes out with sh*te criticising Suarez for falling over, yet his player used Suarez as a surfboard and it's Suarez who should be taking the criticism. He then has the cheek to say players like Suarez are putting pressure on referees, when his talentless bunch are kicking the sh*t out of teams every week and getting away with it. Suarez should have been given a yellow card, quite rightly, but Huth should have been sent off yet he has the nerve to say the ref should be giving bookings out to us. Horrible coach.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:28 pm 
Player Coach
Club Captain

Pulis did it to us a few games ago. Although he did have a point with most of the claims.

Ivanovic made a stupid dive, nearly as bad as Suarez's.

Luiz made a horrible challenge. An orange challenge that could have been either. If it was a Stoke player Pulis would have been saying yellow, because it was Luiz he was saying it should have been red.

But I think Oscar was booked for a supposed dive when when a Stoke player was coming in to chop him. It was similar to Bale's today, only the defender was straight in front of him. The defender dived in, nowhere near the ball, but stopped right before contact. Oscar braced himself, there literally was nowhere he could go, went over, and the ref booked him for supposedly diving.

Suarez isn't the only one not to get pens. Hazard has got 4 pens I think so far. Each one of them 100% certs. But for some reason refs have stopped giving them even though the fouls are still happening.

The situation with Torres is even worse. Refs seem to be operating on a system where a foul on Torres needs to include a broken leg for him to get a decision.

The last few weeks Pulis has been running his mouth. Partly because Luis, Ivanovic and Suarez have given him easy targets, partly because he knows he will have a willing audience for talking about CFC and LFC players and partly because other managers have given Stoke a heap of this in the past.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:50 am 

After reading LGJM and RBs posts today i now understand them.

I thought they were just one eyed fans of their own team yet their comments on Bales dive are hilarious.

They both think it was |OK for him to dive as he was preparing for contact.

If you are preparing for contact you check your run, jump up to avoid the tackle dont do something you would see tom Daley doing.

The pair of you are really clueless clowns. Your lengthy posts trying to explain or theorise on football related incidents is hilarious. You had no credibility after your posts on Suarez and on Terry and clearly show you have no credibility on any other football related incidents.

If Mourinho is the the special one it is clear both of you two are special in a different way.

Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers

Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:15 am 
Player Coach
Club Captain

You're just too stupid to understand.

Look at the clip. The only reason there isn't a huge collision is because the 'keeper holds his kicking action at the last moment.

Bale and the 'keeper were in a race to get the ball. Bale won the race, but in winning the race it will look to him like he's going to get hit at a 90% angle by the 'keeper.

To me that clip doesn't look like it was Bale diving to try and get the keeper sent off. As I said, it looks like Bale won the race and then instinctively braced for what looked like an inevitable collision.

At the speed Bale was going, if he checks his run then he loses the race for the ball, possibly ends up colliding with the keeper and getting booked for it. And he can't jump because he's already running at the limit.

It's possible that Bale was cheating and trying to dive to get the keeper sent off. But I don't see any proof of that from that clip. I give the benefit of the doubt to both players that they were both involved in a genuine race for the ball and neither tried to cheat the other.

And I think you're too stupid to even begin to understand what I'm on about. I think you're on the "He made no contact with him, so therefore it's a dive" level.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:51 am 
International Chairman
International Chairman

Roddy B wrote:What makes people like Pulis an utter c*nt is the way he comes out and comes out with sh*te criticising Suarez for falling over, yet his player used Suarez as a surfboard and it's Suarez who should be taking the criticism. He then has the cheek to say players like Suarez are putting pressure on referees, when his talentless bunch are kicking the sh*t out of teams every week and getting away with it. Suarez should have been given a yellow card, quite rightly, but Huth should have been sent off yet he has the nerve to say the ref should be giving bookings out to us. Horrible coach.

I'm no fan of Pulis or the way he sets his teams up, but this is obviously a case of trying to deflect attention away from his own players. If it was Ferguson or Mourinho, it would be described as 'mind games'.

johnpdobson.com

Twitter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:31 am 
Player Coach
Player Coach

Roddy B wrote:It shouldn't matter though, referees shouldn't go into any game believing in a sort of 'reputation'. It's this sort of thing that has meant Paul Scholes has avoided 50+ red cards in his career. Suarez's dive today was stupid and embarrassing, but can you blame him? He's getting fouled in the box every single week and he isn't getting a thing, he hasn't had a sniff.

Err.......yes. Quite easily. Any normal person's response to not getting penalties when they are fouled would be to be more determined and work harder at staying on their feet.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:11 pm 
International Chairman
International Board Member

RE: Suarez diving and the baggage that comes with it.

There's an age old story called Peter and the Wolf that Liverpool fans should read first before having a pop at refs. Refs do as good a job as can be expected and when you have charlatans trying to con them even further it's understandable if they find it hard to interpret theatrics correctly. The only way to address that issue is for the player themselves to take responsibility for their own actions. Blaming the ref for not seeing it is the bed you've made and one that you must lie in until others start to believe you. If a player continues to pepper genuine fouls against with what can only be described as cheating lies (looking to win a foul when one hasn't occurred is deliberately misleading and therefore a lie) resets any good work done. Suarez and players like him are to blame not the referees who, we should remember, are trying to do an honest job.

An Ode to Sepp Blatter

Dadbod

Next In Line To The Throne

St Helens and a Fitting End to a Season of Unsung Heroes

Follow my wisdom on Twitter

Top 100 films of the 00s - The Top 5

Last edited by McClennan on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1820 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166 ... 182  Next

It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 5:24 am