FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home Leeds Rhinos Positives For Next Season?

Post subject: Re: Positives For Next Season?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:37 pm 
International Star
Fringe Player

through the wind and the rain

we will still be supporting our team :thumb:

Join the British Sarcastic Party....... Yeah like we really need your Support

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:25 am 
International Board Member
International Star

If we've signed McShane and Hood to 4 year deals, why would we need a replacement for Buderus (see rumours thread)? Certainly wouldn't suggest the club is looking for a replacement.

If you add to that the emergence of Hardaker as a centre, unless a genuine world class centre becomes available, the only new player I'd possibly like to see is a really hard-running forward. Even then we could easily offload a couple of our contracted forwards.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:30 am 
Player Coach
First Team Player

BrisbaneRhino wrote:If we've signed McShane and Hood to 4 year deals, why would we need a replacement for Buderus (see rumours thread)? Certainly wouldn't suggest the club is looking for a replacement.

If you add to that the emergence of Hardaker as a centre, unless a genuine world class centre becomes available, the only new player I'd possibly like to see is a really hard-running forward. Even then we could easily offload a couple of our contracted forwards.

Don't forget that Hetherington has always had a loose definition of "replacement" and therefore in all likelihood given the new deals announced any replacement for Buderus will not be a hooker.

You come at the king - You better not miss.

It ain't what you takin', it's who you takin' from, ya feel me? How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:57 am 

Omar Little wrote:Don't forget that Hetherington has always had a loose definition of "replacement" and therefore in all likelihood given the new deals announced any replacement for Buderus will not be a hooker.

Given that Leeds are losing one player who is currently quota exempt in Lauitiiti, if his direct replacement is coming from overseas then that would use up the quota spot made available by Buderus leaving.

"As you travel through life don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin

//twitter.com/AndyGilder

//fromthewesternterrace.blogspot.co.uk

This week: Four keys to a Rhinos win in the WCC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:10 pm 
Club Coach
Player Coach

A direct replacement for Lauititi (a game-breaking forward) would be nice. A world class centre would be an advantage for any SL side and a world class 9 would also be lovely. However, the above are probably not available, and I only favour recruitment if it enhances what you have, not just recruitment for recruitment's sake.

I'm not up for backing youth at all costs, to the extent of not bringing in the right quality from outside, but I'd definitely rather back youth next year than just bring in any old rubbish for the sake of filling up the salary cap.

OBN Wannabe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:01 pm 
Player Coach
International Star

Location: ".........Bite the lightning.........and tell me how it tastes........."
El Diablo wrote:A direct replacement for Lauititi (a game-breaking forward) would be nice.

Yup.

A 2011 Ali has shown more in recent weeks (which runs in our improvement of form) the benefit of a line breaking, ball promoting, wide running forward.

Players like you say, need to improve the current blend or have a stand out USP (unique selling point). Ali's is obvious and at the moment his departure hasn't been filled.

Ryan Bailey (11/11/83) - The Most Feared Man In Super League

The Most Feared Man In Super League (TMFMISL) * Coined by thebloodbath * Inspired by Bailey *

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:17 pm 
International Chairman
International Chairman

Positive for next Season. Gareth Hock.

Only a matter of time.

Quote:Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.

Kevin Sinfield

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:44 am 
Player Coach
Fringe Player

rpw wrote:I've been told from my brother (who was there) it slipped out from Buderus him self in an after game speech in the long bar...

He did mention when asked about going to Catalan next year that you should do something different and not we, which made people think that he wouldn't be here. When asked the direct question he refused to say either way.

It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:15 am