FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home Leeds Rhinos Positives For Next Season?

Post subject: Positives For Next Season?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:01 pm 
Player Coach
First Team Player

If we put up a good effort against Wire, win or lose are there now some positives and a bit of feel good factor to take into the off season and into next season? Or is there some wait and see regarding squad improvement seeing as Buderus is going, Ali is going, Senior, Cross, Burgess have gone and only Moore brought in?

Personally I'm feeling a lot better about things as long as there are 2 good additions brought into the squad. Jury is still well out on Mcdermott though for me.. we need to finish higher than 5the next year in the regular rounds.. 5th is not good enough for Leeds simple as. Having said that should we get to GF can we criticise ? lol lol.. :?

GWMC for the Cas n District Snooker League Title....!!! Up the workies !!

Post subject: Re: Positives For Next Season?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:34 pm 
Player Coach
First Team Player

Is Buderus going? I would have thought we'd have had an official announcement by now. Plus if he was off it could be a great spur for the team to announce it

*Insert witty banter type comment*

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:39 pm 
International Star
International Star

bewildered wrote:Is Buderus going? I would have thought we'd have had an official announcement by now. Plus if he was off it could be a great spur for the team to announce it

I have not heard anything official from the club. They sky commentator mentioned it but nothing confirmed.

Thought we were not releasing him unless we got a good quality replacement. Can't see anyone available in the NRL

If your not cheating, your not trying. Barrie Mcdermott

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:42 pm 
Player Coach
International Star

Location: ".........Bite the lightning.........and tell me how it tastes........."
A positive for next season -

We could start the season as defending champions.

:WHISTLE:

Ryan Bailey (11/11/83) - The Most Feared Man In Super League

The Most Feared Man In Super League (TMFMISL) * Coined by thebloodbath * Inspired by Bailey *

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:04 pm 
Club Owner
International Star

rpw wrote:
Personally I'm feeling a lot better about things as long as there are 2 good additions brought into the squad. Jury is still well out on Mcdermott though for me.. we need to finish higher than 5the next year in the regular rounds.. 5th is not good enough for Leeds simple as. Having said that should we get to GF can we criticise ? lol lol.. :?

5th isn't good enough, there's no denying that. But there are mitigating circumstances IMO. McDermott was not intended to be in charge and was thrown in at the deep end a little. He also started the season without two of our key players in McGuire and Peacock, lost Burgess and Cross (although Cross was not much of a loss) and had to contend with injuries in the backline.

Regardless of what happens on Friday, there are positives, in that we now have a youthful, pacey looking backline who look comfortable at Super League level. The downside for me, and I don't really want to start the whole tedious argument up again, is that Buderus will be a massive loss if he goes, and there are very few players that can replace him. I'd be perfectly for McShane to slot in, but he still has a lot to work on.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:58 pm 
International Board Member
First Team Player

bewildered wrote:Is Buderus going? I would have thought we'd have had an official announcement by now. Plus if he was off it could be a great spur for the team to announce it

Probably find out when he's boarded the plane to go back home.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:00 pm 
International Star
International Star

A friend at work told me he had a "source" at the club and apparently it's a done deal and buderus is off. Might be true but I am not sure that the bloke has a source at all!!

If your not cheating, your not trying. Barrie Mcdermott

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:31 pm 
International Board Member
International Star

Whilst we might be desperate to know about any changes for next year, at this stage of the season its probably not a bad thing to leave any announcements until we're done for the year. If Buderus is leaving for example, the last thing he (or the team) needs is for him to be continually asked about it right now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:27 am 
Player Coach
First Team Player

I've been told from my brother (who was there) it slipped out from Buderus him self in an after game speech in the long bar...

GWMC for the Cas n District Snooker League Title....!!! Up the workies !!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:59 am 
Player Coach
New Signing

heard it from a friend pretty high up in the club buerus is going home but we will have a replacement :LOL:

It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:16 am