FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home Hull FC DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224  Next
 Post subject: Re: DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:43 am 
Club Owner
First Team Player

David Armstrong is a great signing for Leigh, Catalan doing some good business too with Keary, Cotric and Whitehead signed up for next year, hope we do sign one of two more experienced NRL players rather than just going with the unknowns

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:50 am 
Club Owner
Club Owner

Steve0 wrote:David Armstrong is a great signing for Leigh, Catalan doing some good business too with Keary, Cotric and Whitehead signed up for next year, hope we do sign one of two more experienced NRL players rather than just going with the unknowns

He is, but mentioned by some Leigh fans he is on a marquee contract, which I'd madness.

But agree we need a couple who have played more than just NSW OR QLD Cup.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:43 am 
International Star
Club Captain

Dave K. wrote:A few things mentioned on social media that Rimbu might not be happening.

What's been said Dave? I thought he'd already signed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:48 am 
Player Coach
Club Captain

Steve0 wrote:David Armstrong is a great signing for Leigh, Catalan doing some good business too with Keary, Cotric and Whitehead signed up for next year, hope we do sign one of two more experienced NRL players rather than just going with the unknowns

Catalans could be signing Chad Townsend too

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:51 am 
Player Coach
Club Captain

Marcus's Bicycle wrote:What's been said Dave? I thought he'd already signed.

I think a deal is agreed in principle but no contract has been signed

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:18 am 
New Signing
New Signing

I think with the raw talent of Balmforth. Id save a quota spot on the hooking position. Unless we get a well renowned NRL hooker. Possibly Corey Paix from Brisbane.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:18 pm 
International Board Member
International Board Member

Blackandwhitebigdog wrote:I think with the raw talent of Balmforth. Id save a quota spot on the hooking position. Unless we get a well renowned NRL hooker. Possibly Corey Paix from Brisbane.

Agreed. We already have risks in other key positions so don't want the same at hooker

The poor man's bonaire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:18 pm 

Blackandwhitebigdog wrote:I think with the raw talent of Balmforth. Id save a quota spot on the hooking position. Unless we get a well renowned NRL hooker. Possibly Corey Paix from Brisbane.

Have to say I agree and on the evidence of Balmforths ability and talent after his recent performances then surely we'd be better backing Balmforth rather than signing a player who on the face of it doesn't offer anything more than Balmforth who is here, whilst also using up a valuable quota spot. Ultimately Rimbu is still pretty much an unknown and we'd be far better using quota spots on quality rather than more gambles.

I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:41 pm 
International Star
International Star

TnT wrote:No need to be personal. Exactly, the club are responsible under the constraints I suggested earlier, the nature of these us fans don’t know yet we demand a couple of worldly signings. That would be lovely. But operating in the real world: success may need to come more from player development using the new ‘average’ signings to help our promising crop of youth as well as the odd Asiata and, if we are lucky, another star which will suit your position , which I think is buy success. The reality is it will be a hybrid leaning to more development and less sexy purchases. Your posts come across as there is only your way of improving our club and no other. . The club are operating not behind a keyboard but have to deal with the practicalities of overhauling our club which is far harder than you suggest. Apologies if I have misrepresented your position

My position has always remained the same on recruitment because signing good quality players can easily turn around the clubs performances on the field.and that leads to attracting more spectators into the ground and probably more important it allows younger players to come into the team when necessary with a lot more confidence having some real quality around them.
We have one quality player to come in so if we have money available then spend it on two more high quality overseas players.
What the club have done is chosen to recruit older seasoned players to steady the ship which maybe for 1 year contracts i could understand but two year deals for such average players is just another noose around the clubs neck for what they can do for 2026.
Lack of pace is another huge concern.With such a slow backline line and halfbacks who also lack pace its another area of disjointed recruitment.
Signing quality for me is the only way to go and that means spending money.
The idea that in say two years we will have five or six of our younger players playing regularly in the first team is just a fantasy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:45 pm 
Junior Player
New Signing

BALMFORTH staying absolutely great news, also states rimbu deal is off and looking at other quota players with fullback being the number 1 target

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224  Next

It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:59 am