25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home Wakefield Trinity Scott Grix

Post subject: Scott Grix
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:42 pm 
Player Coach
Club Captain

According to Aaron Bower, Guardian, we might be without Grìx for up to 3 months as he might need shoulder surgery. Apparently more will be known on Monday.

Wakefields roller coaster ride continues.

Post subject: Re: Scott Grix
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 3:52 am 
Club Captain
First Team Player

is it a great loss? Gives max a good chance to see if he is in our future plans..

as we are only going for a top 8 spot now I don't think it is such a bad thing

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:59 am 
International Chairman
BOJ042 wrote:is it a great loss? Gives max a good chance to see if he is in our future plans..

yes a do think its a great loss, any player injured for such a long time is obviously going to effect the team, Max better get his finger now as he's not kick on as what I would of expected

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:16 am 
International Board Member
Player Coach

Looking forward to seeing Jowitt have a decent run and a chance to build confidence back up to his pre-Grix days.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.

2020 - Keeping the faith.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:21 am 
International Chairman
International Chairman

BOJ042 wrote:is it a great loss? Gives max a good chance to see if he is in our future plans..

Of course it’s a great loss for heavens sake! What if Jowitt gets injured then we are in bother. You’re entitled to an opinion on which player you’d pick but you’d have to be an absolute wally not to want both available.

SUPPORT SWAG...

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:25 am 
Player Coach
Player Coach

Things like this happen in sport and if true it will give Jowitt the chance he wants, but to say is it a great loss, are you for real or what?, what happens if Max picks up a serious injury what then, I'm sure it would be better for the club to have Jowitt keep his place on merit than because there's no other alternative.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:03 am 
International Chairman
International Chairman

chissitt wrote:Things like this happen in sport and if true it will give Jowitt the chance he wants, but to say is it a great loss, are you for real or what?, what happens if Max picks up a serious injury what then, I'm sure it would be better for the club to have Jowitt keep his place on merit than because there's no other alternative.

This is what our antipodean friend doesn’t get. One off injuries are something all teams must deal with but sometimes especially in key positions you get a domino effect.

Scenario for BOD - Fine Jowitt takes over but then he gets injured so Hampshire gets the gig. Then Miller gets crocked so Hampshire replaces him and Chester backs young Hooley but he turns out not to be ready just yet and bang we are in trouble just when we didn’t want to be!

I don’t know how it works in the NRL but in SL that scenario can play out in less than 2 games and can ruin a season.

Injuries imho are never good even if occasionally they un-earth the odd gem. I actually shocked that anyone would feel otherwise I personally hope Grix gets sorted ASAP.

SUPPORT SWAG...

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:25 am 
Club Captain
Club Captain

Hes a key player for us and given the length of bus absence he would be a big loss for us.

It would be a good opportunity though for Max, and we know what he is capable of.

I agree though that injuries can snowball and have an impact.

Adding to the argument on who can play there, I recall Miller playing there a few times in 2015, and think he went ok.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:28 am 
International Chairman
International Chairman

Eastern Wildcat wrote:Hes a key player for us and given the length of bus absence he would be a big loss for us.

It would be a good opportunity though for Max, and we know what he is capable of.

I agree though that injuries can snowball and have an impact.

Adding to the argument on who can play there, I recall Miller playing there a few times in 2015, and think he went ok.

He did but that really would be robbing peter to pay Paul I’m afraid.

SUPPORT SWAG...

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:38 am 
Club Captain
Club Captain

I agree, just another single. Whichever way the pace in the link up attacking play would be something

It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:28 pm