25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home Wakefield Trinity McMeeken

Post subject: McMeeken
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:34 am 
Club Captain
New Signing

Had time to put is arm in the air (look sir) when Wakefield had the try disallowed.

Post subject: Re: McMeeken
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:58 am 
International Star
First Team Player

3 match ban.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:36 am 
Club Captain
New Signing

Easy tiger I thought he wanted the toilet so stopped running in case he soiled himself

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:41 pm 
International Star
First Team Player

Not sure what point you're making.... He put his hand up and appealed for a penalty, yes.... Have you never seen anyone do that before?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:46 pm 
International Board Member
Player Coach

After Sneed's dive last week v Leeds it's just another step towards Premier League Football player behaviour.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.

2020 - Keeping the faith.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:06 pm 
Player Coach
International Star

Topou was on a hiding to nothing on that one. If he had carried on and burst through them, they would have gone to the floor like they'd been taken out with a gun.

Perhaps the only way is for dummy runners to train themselves to skip the other way round them once the ball has gone. But faking for penalties is becoming a problem. It's a huge problem at the ruck.

EVENTUALLY, WE'LL WIN SOMETHING, ,MAYBE, IF I'M STILL ALIVE THEN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:31 pm 
International Star
First Team Player

Ref's give them though. It gets on my wick when players are getting up and they just drop back to the floor.

Half of the time they're remonstrated by the referees and told to get up, half of the time they get a penalty.

Just so inconsistent.

With regard to the incident in question.... Has anyone watched Millington on the touchscreen after the game? I think he explains it absolutely perfectly from a player's perspective.

(by the way, if you've not seen it, he says it's a very harsh call)

But his insight on the matter is exceptional and hopefully going forward his opinion will be considered when they look at the rule

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:43 pm 
Player Coach
International Star

DAVE@CAS1990 wrote:Ref's give them though. It gets on my wick when players are getting up and they just drop back to the floor.

Half of the time they're remonstrated by the referees and told to get up, half of the time they get a penalty.

Just so inconsistent.

With regard to the incident in question.... Has anyone watched Millington on the touchscreen after the game? I think he explains it absolutely perfectly from a player's perspective.

But his insight on the matter is exceptional and hopefully going forward his opinion will be considered when they look at the rule

As fans, we want the refs to be invisible. The refs don't like being invisible, and too many think we turn up to watch a refeering display. Hicks is one of the worst for that. But the players are to blame too, for the constant attempts to fool the ref.

Perhaps they ought to stiffen the rules in relation to playing for the penalty? For example, sin-bin what are perceived to be deliberate attempts to con the ref. Or not give a penalty if it is perceived that a player has deliberately played for it (I'm thinking where players "stumble" over a player left prone on the floor at the play the ball).

EVENTUALLY, WE'LL WIN SOMETHING, ,MAYBE, IF I'M STILL ALIVE THEN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:28 pm 

DAVE@CAS1990 wrote:Ref's give them though. It gets on my wick when players are getting up and they just drop back to the floor.

Just so inconsistent.

I watched it and he showed a lot of class.
However, it is not a harsh decision. It was absolutely, without doubt, an incorrect decision......which changed the game.

A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:30 pm 
International Star
First Team Player

PopTart wrote:I watched it and he showed a lot of class.
However, it is not a harsh decision. It was absolutely, without doubt, an incorrect decision......which changed the game.

I think that's the best he could've done.... Not sure players can go onto the touch screen and slag off an official's decisions, so calling it harsh wax being diplomatic I think.... As he went on to explain why it WAS an incorrect decision, without saying it on so many words.

Certainly changed the swing. Whether it'd have changed the overall result we'll never know.

It's difficult to get a black and white ruling over. You need to run in numbers to stand up defenders and the "unused" runners have to end up somewhere.

Defenders, when they're caught out of position as mcmeeken was, will generally go to a lead runner and stick their arms out for a penalty. It's just a desperate act. There's not a player who wouldn't/doesn't do that, and if you watch tries on the super league show, a defender almost always is appealing for something.

That being said, regardless of where tupou ended up, if they'd have run it on for 3 seconds they'd have seen that mcmeeken was never going to make up the lost ground, whether he was impeded or not.

It was pretty much the only play all night where Wakefield set up and exposed a problem in castlefords defence, and ironically they did it pretty much perfectly.

It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:16 pm