FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home Wakefield Trinity in respect

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: in respect
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:29 pm 
International Chairman
I normally sit at the computer buzzing through the results doing the predictions, just trying to keep this forum all joined in with the fun,
last night I have never felt so low, and for one of our players that I haven't met and just seen him once in action.
Deeply sad by his tragic loss I just don't think its right to post this weeks predictions.
I'm a very emotional person and I'm even welling up as I am typing this,
I have ask me friend Chris for advice and I'm sure he will back me up, I think we should start the predictions after this week games, after we have all paid respects to his family in the minutes silence on friday night against St Helens.
We can never forget our fallen hero's
please except my apologizes if anybody thinks any different

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:31 pm 
Player Coach
Player Coach

thanks Steve im sure everyone will back this decision.

Post subject: Re: in respect
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:33 pm 
International Board Member
International Star

snowie wrote:I normally sit at the computer buzzing through the results doing the predictions, just trying to keep this forum all joined in with the fun,
last night I have never felt so low, and for one of our players that I haven't met and just seen him once in action.
Deeply sad by his tragic loss I just don't think its right to post this weeks predictions.
I have ask me friend Chris for advice and I'm sure he will back me up, I think we should start the predictions after this week games, after we have all paid respects to his family in the minutes silence on friday night against St Helens.

Its hard isn't it because life goes on, but I think people have been deeply affected by this. I know I have as at times like this, rugby league is a family, but I cannot even imagine what you guys are going through.

I support your decision even though it doesn't affect me!

Thats why we're champions, thats why we're champions!!!!! Back to back to back!!!!

Rhinos - each and every one of you are a legend in your own right..........get in!!!!!!!

You can follow me on Twitter....if you want!

The only female member of the OBN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:33 pm 
Player Coach
First Team Player

I agree. Some things are more important in life. I predict with certainty that we'll all come together in numbers on Friday to show our respects to Leon and give our team support in these awful times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:00 pm 
Player Coach
Player Coach

Your call snowie.

You know we will back you whatever!

"Wakefields Sporting Crusader"

For the latest details on the Stadium for Wakefield campaign, log onto //www.swag-online.co.uk

For the latest details on the Supporters Trust, log onto //wakefield.rlfans.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:04 pm 
Club Coach
Player Coach

im hoping that the boys of wakefiled play 110% for leon and even better come away with a win.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:40 pm 
Player Coach
Player Coach

snowie wrote:I normally sit at the computer buzzing through the results doing the predictions, just trying to keep this forum all joined in with the fun,

If I may say something as an outsider,I felt just like you when I heard the news.The loss of a loved one is always hard to bear,and when things like this happen,you can`t help but sympathise.My thoughts are with all concerned.

BLACK AND WHITES

East is East,West is West,
and never the twain shall meet.

--------------------------------
"I" said the sparrow "With my bow and arrow."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:45 pm 
Player Coach
Player Coach

:CLAP: Well said snowie, wouldnt want it any other way.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:06 pm 
Player Coach
First Team Player

No need to apologise, snowie. Your actions are completely understandable. Any person who is brave enough to publicly show such emotion is definately big-hearted in my opinion. :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:

WAKEFIELD TRINITY WILDCATS 2013 - 140th ANNIVERSARY SQUAD

1. Mathers. 2. Fox. 3. Collis. 4. L. Smith. 5. Cockayne. 6. Sykes. 7. T. Smith. 8. Poore. 9. Aiton. 10. Raleigh. 11. Lauititi. 12.. Kirmon (captain). 13. Washbrook. 14. Wood. 15. Amor. 16. Wilkes. 17. Mariano. 18. Trout. 19. Mellars. 20. Lyne. 21. Wildie. 22. Cowling. 24. Walshaw. 25. John. 26. Goulding. 27. Annakin. 28. Kay. 29. Slater. 35. L. Smith. C: Agar

WAKEFILED TRINITY WILDCATS - PURVEYORS OF RUGBY LEAGUE SINCE 1873

KEEP CALM AND PASS THE BALL TO SYKES

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:14 pm 
Player Coach
Junior Player

A young life is far more important than a few points, no problem snowie.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:34 pm