FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home Wakefield Trinity Rodwell

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rodwell
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:43 pm 
Club Coach
International Star

financialtimes wrote:It’s a widnes player that kicks the ball away and it does look like he scored the try, Mickeymouses gets it wrong again, shock horror :roll:

Definite try and he was close, that’s a shocker. I noticed the ball get kicked after but Bainjust stood up in shock it wasn’t awarded and certainly didn’t look to the floor to kick the ball though it’s hard to see who does.

Shouldn’t have mattered as it was a try. Hard done to there was Bain.

Top six 2005 - Trinity.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:46 pm 
Player Coach
Club Captain

Correct...two shocking decisions from Mickey just for a change :BEAT: :BEAT:

M.I.B. ??....nope - M.I.R.W.B !!!

Sent from my steam-powered Sinclair ZX81.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:41 am 
Club Captain
Club Captain

FIL wrote:Correct...two shocking decisions from Mickey just for a change :BEAT: :BEAT:

He was shocking at York too.......
Don't think he likes us! :lol:

We're all Trin aren't we?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:03 pm 
Player Coach
Fringe Player

Is there a chance that Bain might have to face further sanctions, MRP and all that.
You never know these days

RANDOM & ANONYMOUS

N K

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:56 pm 
Player Coach
Player Coach

lifelongfan wrote:Is there a chance that Bain might have to face further sanctions, MRP and all that.
You never know these days

Whether the try is scored is debatable, but I can't see any reason why Bain was binned. No further action for me.

1/10

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 1:03 pm 
Club Coach
International Star

Khlav Kalash wrote:Whether the try is scored is debatable, but I can't see any reason why Bain was binned. No further action for me.

It shows his fingers bent on the ball as it hits the ground like in many try’s scored.

How is it debatable?

Top six 2005 - Trinity.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 1:11 pm 
Player Coach
Player Coach

Trojan Horse wrote:It shows his fingers bent on the ball as it hits the ground like in many try’s scored.

How is it debatable?

To me, and many others, he loses control. That's why it's debatable. Atoni is standing right above Bain and doesn't exactly celebrate the score.

1/10

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 1:17 pm 
Club Coach
International Star

Khlav Kalash wrote:To me, and many others, he loses control. That's why it's debatable. Atoni is standing right above Bain and doesn't exactly celebrate the score.

I haven’t seen any of these ‘many others’ saying it’s not a try. Just checked YouTube full game comments, Facebook group comments under full match and on this forum and couldn’t find any?

Atoni doesn’t celebrate his own score. Bain certainly displays a reaction that he scored.

As far as I know fingers bent on the ball as it hits the ground has always been a try. There’s no separation in the footage. If there were separation then I would agree with you but that’s a try. I can only go off the footage which shows him slamming ball down and fingers on it when it’s grounded.

Top six 2005 - Trinity.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:41 pm 
Club Captain
Club Captain

Trojan Horse wrote:I haven’t seen any of these ‘many others’ saying it’s not a try. Just checked YouTube full game comments, Facebook group comments under full match and on this forum and couldn’t find any?

Atoni doesn’t celebrate his own score. Bain certainly displays a reaction that he scored.

As far as I know fingers bent on the ball as it hits the ground has always been a try. There’s no separation in the footage. If there were separation then I would agree with you but that’s a try. I can only go off the footage which shows him slamming ball down and fingers on it when it’s grounded.

Try all day long.
A blind man on a galloping horse could have seen it.....
But obviously not the Disney character who was there.....

We're all Trin aren't we?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:11 pm 
Club Coach
International Star

BarnsleyGull wrote:Try all day long.
A blind man on a galloping horse could have seen it.....
But obviously not the Disney character who was there.....

Maybe I’m being a little harsh on the ref as it was fast without benefit of slow motion but being so close you have to get those right. I wouldn’t suggest it’s intentional and I’m sure it’s just a line error. It’s just a good job it’s not in a playoff game where it could have big ramifications. Speaking of which does anyone know if playoff games are televised in championship?

Perhaps more of a case in goal officials or technical support for refs. It’s probably not plausible to have every game televised like SL though.

Top six 2005 - Trinity.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:27 am