FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home Wakefield Trinity Wigan next.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wigan next.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:00 am 
Club Captain
First Team Player

Complete team performance with everyone playing their part , they never let Wigan settle into any sort of rhythm.
And we’ll done for mostly keeping their cool with all the cheap shots flying about by letting the ref deal with them and punishing Wigan and not us

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:32 am 
Player Coach
Club Captain

charlie63wildcat wrote:My feelings exactly. Chessy needs to give that formation a run if injuries permit. Best we've looked in ages

There will be at least one change for the next game with TJ away with England

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:38 am 
International Star
First Team Player

V strong performance, Dave and Pauli were exceptional, both lead by example
Great to see danny back leading the side and really ran some great strong lines

Hopefully the Miller and Hampshire partnership will continue to develop because I really liked what I saw last night

Well played everyone

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:17 am 
International Chairman
International Chairman

Her in doors wrote:You should read back some things you have said regarding finny !

There has always been a strange attitude on this forum that for one player to succeed another must be rubbished so the current let’s dismiss Finn as finished by some of the less imaginative was inevitable I’m afraid. It’s pathetic, ungrateful and disloyal.

I’m one of Finn’s biggest fans, still am and I don’t think it’s over just yet. I also think that Hampshire is the shiny new toy of the knee jerk brigade though through no fault of his own. Something that might bite him in the Harris if he fails to deliver.

Why people can’t just give credit where it’s due whilst welcoming change I don’t know. Love Finny as I do being well into his thirties when joining us he was only ever a stop gap. But what a stop gap he’s been in fact he’s been way more than that and has payed the club back in spades.

Yes a talented young star is starting to rise and how great is that but there is some way to go just yet so why not enjoy having both players and once Finn is fit enjoy the competition that brings.

It’s just great imo to have three genuine HBs at the club as I’m sure you agree :-)

SUPPORT SWAG...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:43 am 
Club Captain
First Team Player

vastman wrote:There has always been a strange attitude on this forum that for one player to succeed another must be rubbished so the current let’s dismiss Finn as finished by some of the less imaginative was inevitable I’m afraid. It’s pathetic, ungrateful and disloyal.

I’m one of Finn’s biggest fans, still am and I don’t think it’s over just yet. I also think that Hampshire is the shiny new toy of the knee jerk brigade though through no fault of his own. Something that might bite him in the Harris if he fails to deliver.

Why people can’t just give credit where it’s due whilst welcoming change I don’t know. Love Finny as I do being well into his thirties when joining us he was only ever a stop gap. But what a stop gap he’s been in fact he’s been way more than that and has payed the club back in spades.

Yes a talented young star is starting to rise and how great is that but there is some way to go just yet so why not enjoy having both players and once Finn is fit enjoy the competition that brings.

It’s just great imo to have three genuine HBs at the club as I’m sure you agree :-)

I agree with all you say there Vasty, Fiin has been a great servant in his time with us.
The situation is a little similar to Grixy and Max.
The only thing I would wish is that when Grix and Finn are fit again, they too should have to play for their place not be automatic choices for return!
To me that's how it should work.
I'm a big fan of Finn and Grix, but they need to look over their shoulder! good position for us to be in ! :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:43 am 
Club Captain
First Team Player

vastman wrote:There has always been a strange attitude on this forum that for one player to succeed another must be rubbished so the current let’s dismiss Finn as finished by some of the less imaginative was inevitable I’m afraid. It’s pathetic, ungrateful and disloyal.

I agree with all you say there Vasty, Fiin has been a great servant in his time with us.
The situation is a little similar to Grixy and Max.
The only thing I would wish is that when Grix and Finn are fit again, they too should have to play for their place not be automatic choices for return!
To me that's how it should work.
I'm a big fan of Finn and Grix, but they need to look over their shoulder! good position for us to be in ! :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:02 am 
Club Captain
First Team Player

outstanding!!!!!!! what a win!!

1 or 2 more and we are safe.

then maybe a crack at top 4???

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:52 am 
Club Captain
Fringe Player

BOJ042 wrote:outstanding!!!!!!! what a win!!

1 or 2 more and we are safe.

then maybe a crack at top 4???

Don't get ahead of yourself BOJ

Eastmoor born and bred, hardest lad around.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:05 am 
Club Captain
Club Captain

Just for the record Her In Doors, quoting about how I should get a job, I have a good job, and have been in continuous work nearly every week since 1990.

I was off work yesterday and today for bereavement leave for a close family member.

Am I the only one who posts through the day?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:33 am 
Club Coach
Club Coach

Well that was very satisfying; our first 30 minutes were, I think, flawless - no penalties, no errors and 100% completion? Wigan barely touched the ball and when they did, we knocked them right off their game - lovely stuff.

I can't think of a player who let us down - but special mentions to Jowitt, Pauli, Big Dave and Hampshire; and that pairing of him and Miller looked great - quick, sharp and very inventive. BJB a very worthy motm - he was absolute class for the full 80.

Most satisfying to see Mr Child hand out penalties for backchat - it seems clear now that they've been told to clamp down on it, and I fully support that initiative; love seeing Tomkins put in his place. Maybe the next directive could be to penalise SoL every time he a) tackles around the neck and b) when he cynically reefs the ball out? Great player, but as Dave pointed out pre-match, an absolute grub.

Good work from the North Stand with the Rectum songs - but I do wish you'd cut out the C word stuff - it's a bridge too far; that used to be a word that men would never say around women - what happened?! Or am I just old fashioned?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:42 pm