FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home Wigan Warriors Hudds (a)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Hudds (a)
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 12:52 pm 
Player Coach
Club Captain

Clean bill of health from the disciplinary so 1-7 picks itself but the pack is a different kettle of fish, looks like a couple of players who don't deserve to miss out are going to miss out, for my tuppence worth I'll go

Thompson
O'Neil
Cooper
Farrell
Walters
Havard

Leeming
Mago
Dupree
Nsemba

Post subject: Re: Hudds (a)
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 3:34 pm 
International Board Member

Thought about a pack/bench, decided, then changed it, then changed it again and again and then decided and changed that as well. In my mind Thompson, Havard, O’Neill and Farrell are the only 4 cast iron certainties. I’ve got others in on this seasons form (Mago and Dupree) but that could change. I’d want both of Nsemba and Walters in to share that second row spot but it’s next to impossible to then decide who is in/out elsewhere.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 4:20 pm 
Club Captain
Fringe Player

Going to be a difficult game and we’ll have to have one eye on the Cc semi

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 6:17 am 
Club Owner
Club Owner

Got me Ellis misses out I think he’s been a little off this season so far.

I think we need to run with 3 secondrow so 1 on the bench along with Leeming and Walters also being able to play prop helps so we only have room for 5 middles.

I’d personally agree with starting Thompson, Cooper and Havard however I’d have Thompson at 13 with Dupree and Mago off the bench along with Nsemba and Leeming.

Hill is the player I feel bad for missing out as I think he’s not put a foot wrong whereas both Ellis and Byrne have been a little out of form.

I think it would be highly beneficial for their development to get Eseh and Hill out on loan preferably to SL clubs as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 8:44 am 
Player Coach
Club Captain

jonh wrote:Got me Ellis misses out I think he’s been a little off this season so far.

I think we need to run with 3 secondrow so 1 on the bench along with Leeming and Walters also being able to play prop helps so we only have room for 5 middles.

I’d personally agree with starting Thompson, Cooper and Havard however I’d have Thompson at 13 with Dupree and Mago off the bench along with Nsemba and Leeming.

Hill is the player I feel bad for missing out as I think he’s not put a foot wrong whereas both Ellis and Byrne have been a little out of form.

I think it would be highly beneficial for their development to get Eseh and Hill out on loan preferably to SL clubs as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

Agree with all of that.
I thought Ellis started the season reasonably well but recently he’s not having the same impact on the game.
Not sure if Byrne was playing to instructions but I was very disappointed with his performance against Catalan. I’m a Byrne fan and was expecting a lot more from him after his absence due to suspension.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:02 am 
First Team Player
First Team Player

jonh wrote:Got me Ellis misses out I think he’s been a little off this season so far.

Only after the semifinal though.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:12 am 
Club Coach
International Star

I just don't see how Byrne makes the 17 with all the other front rowers and now Walters available.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 10:29 am 

MadDogg wrote:I just don't see how Byrne makes the 17 with all the other front rowers and now Walters available.

I think he will tbh because I think Peet rates what he brings extremely highly. He's a bit different to the other guys, in that he might not quite make the ground most of them do but his defence is brutal when he's on. He needs to be better than last week but I do think he'll get another chance this week (and beyond).

I think it's easier to guess what the pack will be than it is to choose one myself. Mine would probably be slightly different but I expect we'll line up exactly as we did last Thursday. I want to see Walters play but I could see him having to bide his time for a while.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 10:31 am 
Player Coach
International Star

MadDogg wrote:I just don't see how Byrne makes the 17 with all the other front rowers and now Walters available.

I think the answer to that is probably because we'll need him during the season so need to get minutes into him after a month off and that he's a coaching staff favourite.

On form, I agree, there are players who don't deserve to miss out. Not that Byrne has done anything wrong. More that players like Hill, Mago, Dupree and Thompson have been excellent, Harvard is our best prop so needs to get game time and even Cooper has been solid in the limited games he's had. The competition for places in that front row is very tough right now.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 10:36 am 
Player Coach
International Star

NickyKiss wrote:I think he will tbh because I think Peet rates what he brings extremely highly. He's a bit different to the other guys, in that he might not quite make the ground most of them do but his defence is brutal when he's on. He needs to be better than last week but I do think he'll get another chance this week (and beyond).

I think it's easier to guess what the pack will be than it is to choose one myself. Mine would probably be slightly different but I expect we'll line up exactly as we did last Thursday. I want to see Walters play but I could see him having to bide his time for a while.

I think he'll be looking to get Walters into the frame as 2nd row is perhaps where we have least cover with Isa out for a lengthy period. If Nsemba or Farrell get injured he could get thrown into the CCSF, for example, with literally no proper first team game time since last September. I can't see Peet taking that risk, especially as he can play prop too. He'll play for mine.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 5:54 pm