FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home Wigan Warriors FIELD

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: FIELD
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:23 pm 
Club Owner
Fringe Player

I think Jonh owes Phuzzy an apology. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:25 pm 
Club Captain
Club Captain

i'm only listening to the commentary, but it sounds like Farrimond has been given a running role, and seems to be doing OK, so perhaps he's not *just* an organiser! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:59 pm 
Player Coach
International Star

Well, that line was well and truly "Run at".

Officially RLFAN's most Doe-eyed Happy Clapper.

Big Steve wrote:
The Internet has provided some wonderful creativity, opportunities and knowledge sharing but it has also given a worldwide forum for people you would leave a full pint behind in the pub to avoid having to listen to them.

aboveusonlypie...
If you don't bother to go to the game when you live in the locality then you are not really a fan and therefore your views are invalid. It's simple.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:14 pm 
International Board Member
International Board Member

All jokes aside (and I did think straight to this thread as he broke the line with an image of Phuzzy sat with a cigar) it was great to see the kid play like that. He’s got a bit of everything from what I see and doesn’t need to be pigeon holed as just being one thing or another. It’s so early in his career but from what I’ve seen to date he’s got enough about him to play any role we need from him as a halfback (in time).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:24 pm 
Club Owner
Club Owner

Only just watched it but came straight here too as he proved me wrong tonight and long may that continue.

The only caveat I have was how poor London were we were taking the mick at times and there was literally nothing they could do about it in a totally dominant performance.

Great to see that first try though showed genuine strike.

Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:38 pm 
Player Coach
International Star

NickyKiss wrote:All jokes aside (and I did think straight to this thread as he broke the line with an image of Phuzzy sat with a cigar) it was great to see the kid play like that. He’s got a bit of everything from what I see and doesn’t need to be pigeon holed as just being one thing or another. It’s so early in his career but from what I’ve seen to date he’s got enough about him to play any role we need from him as a halfback (in time).

I said on the way back from the game that that was the most impressive home debut I've seen from any youngster since Sam Tomkins' 5 try debut. He looked completely unfazed and comfortable both in attack and defense. The break and slip pass at the end of the first half was sublime, as was his break and drawing the fullback for the Wardle try. His tries speak for themselves but arguably the most impressive thing was his support play for Marshy's break. We mentioned Edwards on this thread and that was straight out of his play book. His speed to catch Marshall in full flow was seriously impressive.

What a debut! Not only a worthy MOM but head and shoulders so. Superb!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:14 pm 
Club Owner
Fringe Player

Thought London played ok personally, but we have some great young players cutting their teeth at the moment. I thought Nsemba was superb tonight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:32 pm 
Club Captain
First Team Player

I thought it was interesting that Peet gave Hampshire the organising role and Farrimond the strike role. Maybe a trial run to Farrimond partnering Smith whilst Filed is out?

The kid did well, another poster mentioned it, there’s similarities in terms of impact with the Tomkins debut.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:16 am 
Club Captain
Club Captain

And once again, it looks like smart decisions from MP. He backed the lad, and was repaid in spades.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:15 am 
First Team Player
Academy Player

jonh wrote:Only just watched it but came straight here too as he proved me wrong tonight and long may that continue.

The only caveat I have was how poor London were we were taking the mick at times and there was literally nothing they could do about it in a totally dominant performance.

Great to see that first try though showed genuine strike.

Fair play for coming back Jonh and saying that.

I said initially that from what i have seen of Farrimond he has a good running game and step, but even though that was London, that was more impressive than i could have possibly expected. Tonight has cemented my thoughts that a partnership of Smith and Farimond could definitely work, for our needs now if Peet feels he is ready for the prolonged exposure but more critically for in the future.

I will also be fair with Hampshire as i have been critical of his recent performances. He was much better last night, had a role to play as the rock of the side, and he did a great job of it too with a few nice touches of the ball sprinkled in. Credit where credit is due.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:11 pm