FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home London Broncos Recruitment and retention for 2024

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Recruitment and retention for 2024
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:43 pm 
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thought/ hope this thread might come in handy at some stage. We have retained quite a few good quality players and recruited one. We are ahead of where we were for 202w season on recruitment. Here’s hoping we sign more of our current squad up. Norman has been an important player. Would he fancy Super League with a London team.

I haven’t got any real picks for who we should sign up but I wonder whether Boaofo could do a job in SL- we could do with more depth on the wings. With Ulberg injured did we simply play with one winger in Play offs? Didn’t do us any harm to be fair but seems sub optimal.

Post subject: Re: Recruitment and retention for 2024
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:10 am 
Club Captain
Fringe Player

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/ev ... nd-of-2023

Maybe there's the odd one or two worth looking at?
https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/ev ... nd-of-2023

Maybe there's the odd one or two worth looking at?

Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number--
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you--
Ye are many -- they are few.'

Percy Bysshe Shelley - 'The Mask of Anarchy'

' ITS OVER' - Roy Orbison

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:54 am 
Junior Player
Junior Player

BigTime wrote:Thought/ hope this thread might come in handy at some stage. We have retained quite a few good quality players and recruited one. We are ahead of where we were for 202w season on recruitment. Here’s hoping we sign more of our current squad up. Norman has been an important player. Would he fancy Super League with a London team.

I haven’t got any real picks for who we should sign up but I wonder whether Boaofo could do a job in SL- we could do with more depth on the wings. With Ulberg injured did we simply play with one winger in Play offs? Didn’t do us any harm to be fair but seems sub optimal.

It's going to be interesting to see how we go about it, especially considering the make up of our squad this season. I still think we need to be focused on having a core of academy products and supplementing that with southern hemisphere talent.

I'd be disappointed if we went out and just signed up a load of northern SL rejects and journeymen at the expense of this seasons squad. There will be a balance to be struck however I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:10 am 
International Board Member
International Star

Broncos tweeted "attending the Leaders Week London Summit at Twickenham Stadium this week. The event unites the brightest minds and senior decision-makers in sport". Hopefully they are doing some off the field recruitment there :D

Gus Mackay we salute you!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:20 pm 
International Star
First Team Player

jbuzza wrote:Broncos tweeted "attending the Leaders Week London Summit at Twickenham Stadium this week. The event unites the brightest minds and senior decision-makers in sport". Hopefully they are doing some off the field recruitment there :D

Buzz, you left out that it was Buck & Dusty that was attending on behalf of Broncos.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:16 pm 
Junior Player
Junior Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:44 pm 
International Star
First Team Player

Well if Danny hasn't got another job since leaving Cas, bring him back (assuming he & Cake are happy with their respective roles).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:08 pm 
International Board Member
International Star

He's made a big difference. Maybe he did not want to stay in London as I assume we would have offered him a role.

He's made a big difference. Maybe he did not want to stay in London as I assume we would have offered him a role.

Gus Mackay we salute you!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:02 pm 
First Team Player
Fringe Player

I think the Rhys lives in Harrogate, so Hull is going to be much easier for him. Shame though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:34 pm 
First Team Player
First Team Player

jbuzza wrote:Broncos tweeted "attending the Leaders Week London Summit at Twickenham Stadium this week. The event unites the brightest minds and senior decision-makers in sport". Hopefully they are doing some off the field recruitment there :D

IMG’s not the only criteria we struggle to meet. Hopefully not turned away at the door!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next

It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:18 am