25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Home Bradford Bulls York (A)

Post subject: York (A)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:14 pm 
Player Coach
Club Captain

After another great home win against Toulouse we now move on to York. York have had a nightmare start to the season losing every game they’ve played. They’ll be desperate for a win but we need to continue our great momentum.

BullBuidler - Bradford Bulls Supporters Trust
www.bullbuilder.co.uk

Post subject: Re: York (A)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:16 pm 
International Star
Fringe Player

This one for me is the real test to see if we have shook any previous old bulls habits.

In previous seasons weve put in some strong performances and then immediately served up some absolute dross the next game especially against teams below us in the league. We did it against York on tv last year IIRC

We can’t be perfect every week but keep playing as committed as we are, get a good win over York and I think we can start dreaming about being the best of the rest.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:04 am 
Club Captain
New Signing

Bulls4 wrote:This one for me is the real test to see if we have shook any previous old bulls habits.

In previous seasons weve put in some strong performances and then immediately served up some absolute dross the next game especially against teams below us in the league. We did it against York on tv last year IIRC

We can’t be perfect every week but keep playing as committed as we are, get a good win over York and I think we can start dreaming about being the best of the rest.

Wakey will not get it so easy the 2nd time round I don't think..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:41 am 

Sounds as if Carr rolled his ankle vs Toulouse so I expect Blackmore will be back in for the York match. Hopefully it'll be a much better performance than the game there last year. York are a dangerous team, we had to work very hard to beat them at Odsal.

"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:25 am 
International Star
International Star

I feel like putting my mortgage on us losing this as it would be the most typical Bradford thing ever to beat Fax, Toulouse, Fev, then lose to the side currently sitting bottom.

York are still a decent side and love getting one over on us. They will be desperate to not be 5-0 on the league table. We need to bring a performance as good as the others.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:05 pm 
Player Coach
Club Captain

I’m trying to work out where we’re better this year than last. Props, halves and backs are similar to last year but we’ve improved at hooker and in 2nd row significantly. Defensive attitude is obviously improved as well.
This York game has potential to be a banana skin for us but if we get the attitude right again (I don’t believe I’m saying this) I think we’ll be ok

Pollsters doing Excellent job - say recent polls.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:05 pm 
Player Coach
International Star

York will grab a win at some point, we can't underestimate them otherwise it will be against us this week.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:40 pm 
Player Coach
Club Captain

It's great to see the team starting the season on such a high note! The results speak for themselves (barring the Wakefield game). However, we can't afford to underestimate any opponent, especially when facing a team near the bottom of the league who are hungry for their first win.

Every match is an opportunity to maintain our momentum. With the right mindset and determination, I'm confident we can secure another important victory against York. EOC has to drill it in to the players that we cannot afford any complacency against the Knights.

BullBuidler - Bradford Bulls Supporters Trust
www.bullbuilder.co.uk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:51 am 
Club Captain
First Team Player

I think York will the the 'down to earth with a bump' game sadly. Though I've no doubt that EOC has already warned them, it will be down to the leaders on the pitch.

Any cockiness at all and we'll be beaten. They will be desperate to get off the bottom and won't take a backward step. Anyone thinking an easy afternoon awaits should stay on the bus.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:16 pm 
Club Captain
New Signing

I honestly thought the Toulouse game could have been the one where we came unstuck. But we didn't and it's understandable to think of the York game in the same way... I'm hopeful of the win V York (but painfully aware of past disappointments) and then who knows where we can go.... But one game at a time.

It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:08 am